FIOS HD picture aspect has changed
jackstraw532

Something happened around 4pm yesterday. The heads and bodies in the image are now out of proportion to the background. It's hard to explain. It's like on a computer monitor where an image resolution is dropped from the old SVGA to VGA. I have seen this happen before on other cable systems. I know this is hard to describe. It's like using the zoom aspect in picture settings on TV. I use a TIVO box with cable card on my downstairs TV which is 65" Panasonic Plasma. In my bedroom I use an old 16:9 34" Sony CRT with Verizon STB. The issue is definitely with FIOS. I have programs on my TIVO DVR recorded prior to yesterday so I am not imagining things. In some shots the picture looks cropped which is exactly what would happen if you used the zoom setting. I guess the only way to actually prove this is to record a movie which I had recorded prior to yesterday and take an actual tape measure the height and width of an object before and after. If anyone else is noticing this problem please post and call Verizon. I doubt if they will acknowledge it as this an engineering problem at the highest levels.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS HD picture aspect has changed
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@jackstraw532 wrote:

Something happened around 4pm yesterday. The heads and bodies in the image are now out of proportion to the background. It's hard to explain. It's like on a computer monitor where an image resolution is dropped from the old SVGA to VGA. I have seen this happen before on other cable systems. I know this is hard to describe. It's like using the zoom aspect in picture settings on TV. I use a TIVO box with cable card on my downstairs TV which is 65" Panasonic Plasma. In my bedroom I use an old 16:9 34" Sony CRT with Verizon STB. The issue is definitely with FIOS. I have programs on my TIVO DVR recorded prior to yesterday so I am not imagining things. In some shots the picture looks cropped which is exactly what would happen if you used the zoom setting. I guess the only way to actually prove this is to record a movie which I had recorded prior to yesterday and take an actual tape measure the height and width of an object before and after. If anyone else is noticing this problem please post and call Verizon. I doubt if they will acknowledge it as this an engineering problem at the highest levels.

# key does the aspect ratio, have you tried hitting that a couple tiumes?  

If that doesn't work then try using the below link, you have to login to use it. 

Quick Fix for Set Top Boxes
0 Likes
Re: FIOS HD picture aspect has changed
jackstraw532

That would be a resolution if I was using Verizon STB in both upstairs and downstairs but my I am using a TIVO in my living room with a cable card. The only function of the cable card is authorize channels. I can see how the channel logos have changed position and increased in size watching the picture. No settings have changed on my remote or TV. I'm going to post on some other forums to see if anyone in this node to see if they are experiencing the same problem

0 Likes