FIOS One Remote Pairing Problems
BSB2
Enthusiast - Level 1

My FIOS One remote stopped working.  I have reset my router.  Reset my STB.  Tried pairing my remote and it won't pair.  It says it has paired and then it tells me it "failed to pair".  I tried a different remote from another room and it paired without a problem.  I have replaced the batteries on the troubled remote.  I have unpaired the remote on the adjacent room's mini FIOS One, and then unpaired the one on the main FIOS One STB.  Then shut off both boxes and tried to re-pair using the other remote from the adjacent  room.  It paired right away with the FIOS One STB, but when I used the first remote that was having the trouble and tried to pair it with the FIOS One mini in the adjacent room, it would not pair.  It is clearly the remote, but nothing was done to the remote to cause it to stop working.  It just won't pair.  Can I just exchange it at a Verizon store?  These remotes seem to be really quirky.  I have one that has never paired, I just use my Harmony remote in that room.  I can't believe Verizon expects me to just keep buying remotes when these things clearly have bugs.  Help?!?!

Re: FIOS One Remote Pairing Problems
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@BSB wrote:

My FIOS One remote stopped working.  I have reset my router.  Reset my STB.  Tried pairing my remote and it won't pair.  It says it has paired and then it tells me it "failed to pair".  I tried a different remote from another room and it paired without a problem.  I have replaced the batteries on the troubled remote.  I have unpaired the remote on the adjacent room's mini FIOS One, and then unpaired the one on the main FIOS One STB.  Then shut off both boxes and tried to re-pair using the other remote from the adjacent  room.  It paired right away with the FIOS One STB, but when I used the first remote that was having the trouble and tried to pair it with the FIOS One mini in the adjacent room, it would not pair.  It is clearly the remote, but nothing was done to the remote to cause it to stop working.  It just won't pair.  Can I just exchange it at a Verizon store?  These remotes seem to be really quirky.  I have one that has never paired, I just use my Harmony remote in that room.  I can't believe Verizon expects me to just keep buying remotes when these things clearly have bugs.  Help?!?!

If it's defective, they'll replace it free. Did you try leaving the batteries out of the bad remote for at least 5 minutes?

0 Likes
Fios One voice remote won't pair ; worked with chat support to confirm and get new remote.
ric71

Just to add my experience.  I just ordered upgrade to internet speed, new router, and two new FiOS one set top boxes each with voice remote. Paired them on Friday, no issues. Saturday all worked fine. Sunday morning the main tv set top box STB wouldn't pair with remote (and was showing ugly Fios ads because the TV wouldn't turn off).

To keep the story short - tried pairing the remote with STB and the system would pop up a message saying 'paired successfully' and then immediately start the pairing process again. This would repeat 7 or 8 times. The remote was never paired. Soon enough the big "how to pair remote" text overlay would show on the screen and I'd repeat the process.

Went on chat with support - suggested I take the working remote and try to see if that would pair with the main STB. Which it did.  Then tried to pair the non-working remote with the other STB - which it did not. So looked that original main voice remote wasn't working. (Yes, I put in new batteries). 

The voice chat person said that I'd get a new remote --- and that I'd see a $24.95 charge on my next bill. I of course said no way was I paying to fix a defective product. Support "checked" with supervisor and agreed to waive the fee.

So, right now, waiting on new voice remote to pair with other STB.

0 Likes
BSB2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did.  Just think these things are naturally a little buggy...

0 Likes
Re: Fios One voice remote won't pair ; worked with chat support to confirm and get new remote.
Madmare

I have the same problem.  It’s definitely the remote or a push update to their main stb.  How much time did you have to spend with support to go through this?  I can’t imagine they’d give you a remote without standing on your head.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes