FIOS Remote functions
Oldadmark
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a few issues with our FIOS remote (P265). When we first signed on to a FIOS contract we were told that a new FIOS remote was coming out very soon and would feature voice activation (as Comcast does). Still waiting for that! Also, when the tech was here helping to get us set up he said the FIOS remote would not control our Samsung sound bar but that the “engineers” were working on a new remote with new features. Still waiting!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Remote functions
jonjones1
Legend

@Oldadmarkwrote:

I have a few issues with our FIOS remote (P265). When we first signed on to a FIOS contract we were told that a new FIOS remote was coming out very soon and would feature voice activation (as Comcast does). Still waiting for that! Also, when the tech was here helping to get us set up he said the FIOS remote would not control our Samsung sound bar but that the “engineers” were working on a new remote with new features. Still waiting!

Unfortunately waiting can mean different things. Waiting a few months, a few years it is always hard to say. When trying to sell you services you know better to count on the sun and moon and stars. It’s fluff to get your business. Could it happen later on? Maybe.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a beta test as part of a new service that did support voice remote features.

Unfortunately, that service has been shelved for now.

FiOS does support Alexa voice control for QUantum hardware.

And I believe the FiOS Mobile app does as well.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

There was a beta test as part of a new service that did support voice remote features.

Unfortunately, that service has been shelved for now.

FiOS does support Alexa voice control for QUantum hardware.

And I believe the FiOS Mobile app does as well.

I do believe people are complaining about Alexa not functioning properly. 

I will have to talk to my neighbor about the Fios Mobile tv app. He has had nothing but issues with it. But hey we are old....

0 Likes