FIOS Removing Favorite channels to get me to pay more!!
IHateFIOS

Channels 187 and 272 were removed from the Preferred lineup and moved to the Extreme to get me to pay $20 more a month.  I spoke to CS who was unhelpful.  You can't rip customers off and expect them to be happy.  I want my channels back or I will be switching cable providers and you can  report it to the credit bureaus to get any cancellation fees you think you deserve but I won't pay.  I just want the channels you agreed to supply when I entered into the contract!!

THANK YOU!!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Removing Favorite channels to get me to pay more!!
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon, you can call or chat with them.

Note that the contracts we sign allow Verizon to change channels at any time.  About the only thing signing a contract does is fix the price of the service itself.  Equipment rental fees, government fees and even some Verizon fees can be changed while under contract.  If you choose to break your contract and don't pay the ETF, Verizon will turn over any unpaid fees to collection agents.  That won't be fun.  It won't be just a black mark on your credit report.

I understand your frustration, but now you have a better idea if what you'll be dealing with should you cancel and not pay the ETF.  It's up to you...

Good Luck.

0 Likes