FIOS TV Remote
akira913

Good Morning All

I have a FIOS TV Remote p265.  Recently the STB button is not working and my set top box is not responding.  I am unable to change channes, the guide and menu button do not respond.

The TV responds to on/off and audio 

Can someone please assist

Thank You

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV Remote
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

Have you tried power reseting the STB?

Changed the batteries in remote?

0 Likes
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you talking about the app? If so Do you have interactive tv enabled on your STB?  Menu, settings, system, television?  Is your STB getting internet? On demand working along with guide?  Is your phone connected to the same network as your STB?

If basic remote than have you tried reprogramming it?

0 Likes
Okenwa

Unable to change volume and channels

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Okenwa wrote:

Unable to change volume and channels

Can you help me? Model of box, model of tv , Remote type(voice or manual),. Did you try any of the trouble shooting steps here?

Steps to reset programming is as below:
Steps: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Reset remote setup.
Do you wish to continue: Hit OK for Yes.
Wait until it says Remote Programming Reset Success.  

After the above is complete, 
Initiate Programming of TV first (Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Auto Program/Manual Program) followed by the programming of the Audio device

Also:

Also sharing some general guidelines below that should be kept in mind when programming the TV or the Audio device/Receiver
Key points to remember:

1. When the setup has a Receiver/Audio device b/w STB and TV and connected via HDMI, Make sure it is powered ON. Sometimes the Receiver/Audio device can be powered OFF and because of that, the remote might only be auto programmed to TV and not to the Receiver/Audio device

2. If you don't see Volume change during programming process (either Auto or Manual), Select the option: No - Let's try another code set for your TV.

Try this a few times until you see volume change or else enter the Model# manually

3. Make sure remote is pointed directly to the device (TV or Receiver/Audio device) when pressing "OK" to test Volume or Power.

Please note that only the OK key is used for both Volume and Power tests during the programming and using any other key during the setup might hamper the programming flows.

0 Likes