FIOS VOD Multi-Screen Accept or Decline?
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

I just had Fios installed yesterday.  I currently have all the premium move channels but I didn't see a movie I wanted to watch in all the lists so I searched for it.  It came up as "Free with Subscription" but it didn't show what channel it was offered with - it just said VOD on the left.  I clicked on it and a screen came up saying something about Multi-screen terms of service and asking if I accepted or declined.   It didn't say anything to indicate I was purchasing or rentig for a fee so I clicked "accept."  I understand that multi-screen means I can watch it on different devices and now that I started to watch it, I see that the movie is a Starz movie, which I do have as part of my package.  However, the movie isn't listed among the Starz movies in the VOD list and I'm wondering if I did something I shouldn't have by accepting the multi-screen terms.  Can someone tell me whether I'm o.k. with having chosen to accpet this movie or did I choose something extra outside my package?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS VOD Multi-Screen Accept or Decline?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Almost certainly you have made a purchase. 

Strongly recommend that you set Parental controls on with a PIN (not necessary to actually block anything on with the parental controls) and then set purchase to require a PIN (you can choice the parental PIN or a separate PIN.

ps: You are talking to peers here and not Verizon.  Possibly, if it was a purchase, you could get Verizon to waive it for the first mistake.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Reading through this FAQ:

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/guide/flex+view/128568.htm

it seems to me that just accepting multi-view doesn't necessarily mean that you purchased anything.  It just enables you to view programming on various other devices in addition to your FiOS TV.

In the past when I've purchased a movie I got an email with the subject "Thank you for purchasing xxxx."

The VOD menu does take a little getting used to.  Why you might try is go to VOD > Free and Premium > Premium Channels > Starz On Demand > Starz Movies > All Movies.  See if the movie you watched is there.

My guess is you watched that movie for free, included with your subscription.

P.S.

It occurs to me that this thread probably should be on the FiOS TV Programming forum.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry, I thought I was putting it in the tv section and then I couldn't sign in and had to redo my whole password, etc., and by the time that got done, somehow, I ended up here by mistake.  I realized after I should have gone to the other too. 

I just got off the phone with Verizon and it seems that I probably did not get charged.  According to Bill, CS Rep., anytime we are charged, it should clearly state thefee and that we are being charged.  So hopefully that is correct.  I guess if something shows up on the bill I'll deal with it at the time but I since it said "free with subscription" and played under one of my premium channels, I should be o.k.

Interestingly, I cannot find the movie listed anywhere in the Starz lists, although Bill assured me it's probably there somewhere.  I'm still getting use to the Fios setup so maybe it is and I'm just not seeing it. 

Thanks very much for the help. 

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Ok.  You have me curious what that movie might be but if you don't feel like sharing the title I fully understand.

BTW, that issue you had signing in during the day or so was a problem with the forum itself.  A maintenance release last night seems to have stopped that from happening. 

Good luck.  There's a lot to watch via VOD and it will get easier to find things once you get accustomed to the menu(s).

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps there are some Multi-screen that are free, but I have never encountered the message when viewing free VOD.

see this note off the VOD Multi-screen page posted

"How is a multi-screen video different from a VOD rental?

How is a multi-screen video different from a VOD rental?Multi-screen lets you purchase and rent videos on multiple devices while our current On Demand service only lets you rent and view videos on your FiOS TV."

Note still strongly recommend making sure that purchases are secured by a PIN to avoid mistakes.

0 Likes
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

I wanted to post back about this.  I got my bill and it appears that I was not charged.  BTW, the movie was Jane Austin Book Club, on Starz, and it is still available on demand but I still can only access it by searching for it.  Oddly, I do not see it on the Starz movie list anywhere (unless I'm just not seeing it).  But anyway, it does appear that at least this particular mult-screen VOD movie was free b/c I am subscribed to Starz.

Thanks to all who replied.

0 Likes
jmgmg

Hello,

I found this thread very helpful.  Thank you for the posted question, associated replies and information.

I also can not always find specific movies I am looking for when using on demand.

I can seem to find more information by using the menu botton on my remote and going to the search catagory under menu.  It seems to have all the information on where to fine on demand as well as schedules for live tv all in one place. 

Happy hunting and movie watching.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes