FIOS WAS the best thing, but now...
pkim1313

I've been a customer of Verizon FIOS for over 7 years and have always made sure that I could transfer my existing service whenever I made a move to a new home. It's been, hands down, the BEST TV and Internet provider and I've tried virtually everything from Comcast to Dish Network. The uptime of the services and seldom outages have had me coming back to them over and over again; despite the expensive charges, I stand by the motto of "you get what you pay for".

I've recently moved into a condo in VA and the experience with FIOS has been an absolute nightmare. The initial install was sketchy to say the least with the technician taking over 2 hours to figure out how to hook everything up; it was as if it was his first time ever installing FIOS in a condo complex, which I find hard to believe.

Service was working until the second day when my On Demand was not working at all. I had made 3 separate calls out to tech support to get this resolved and 2 out of the 3 times, my appointment was cancelled without notification because Verizon felt the issue was resolved. They determined this without sending anyone out! How would they know it was resolved?? Finally, someone came out to fix everything and again, service was great for a week until my FIOS TV completely stopped working altogether.

I spoke with someone at Customer Service about the constant cancelled appointment and they were kind enough to issue a $50 credit towards my first bill because of the constant cancellations with no notifications. This is greatly appreciated and I'm not here to demean the quality service I received during that call; however, my greater issue is with FIOS altogether.

It looks like the next technician to get out to me is going to be a week later since the hours they provided me during the middle of the week won't cater to a normal work schedule. I'm sure that Verizon will say that they did their best to accomodate my needs by offering a tech to come out during the week, but I'm sorry guys, when you offer me the option of 8-12, 11-2, and 2-5, it just doesn't work for someone who has a fulltime position. I'm without TV for a week and half and I'm sure that I'll be credited, but I would expect Verizon to do the right thing and go above and beyond just a simple credit for days of service not provided.

I'm in the customer service industry as well and I NEVER let my clients down. This doesn't mean that things don't go wrong with our software. It means that when things do go wrong, I move mountains to make sure that the issue is resolved and I go out of my way to offer incentives to make up for inconveniences. Telling me that there's nothing you can do outside of the standard credit is, in my opinion, not what customer service is all about. When I tell you that I'd like to see if I can get out of the contract, that should set off some alarms that Verizon wants to do everything they can to keep the customer for the longterm. It's a well known fact that setting up a new customer costs 6-7 times that of retaining an existing one. Right now, I have the right to cancel my contract and I'm here to let Verizon know that I'm looking into other options outside of FIOS. I'm not here to ask for free service, but I am here to see if someone at Verizon will step up to the plate and offer me some kind of incentive to stick with the service. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS WAS the best thing, but now...
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pkim1313,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes