False billing?
Bape

I recently just got fios and had a talk with the rep. He confirmed im getting the triple play bundle pack for 79.99 a month with my extra boxes and taxes/fee it will be $120 a month and my first bill will be about 169 with internet activation fee. I also recieved an email in my verison account confirming my price basically was the same amount he told me. So I just recieved my first bill and it says $236 dollars ????? Is this bill wrong or did they just falsely advertised me or I got tricked into a fake advertisement??. I tried to contact but I couldn't so I just sent an email and i just want the community responce on this matter.

0 Likes
Re: False billing?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

The community can't respond on an issue that has to do with your specific account and what your package should include. For this, you need to contact Verizon directly.

Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”  If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
margoofy4

They screwed up my bill too in Jan 2013 and till this day they still haven't fixed my bill and they want me to pay my bill... hahahhaha joke on them when I get a right statement I will pay.... I wish I didn't go to verizon ugh and went to comcast.. I was going to get my cell phone through them but not now... So I know your pain...

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Bape wrote:

I recently just got fios and had a talk with the rep. He confirmed im getting the triple play bundle pack for 79.99 a month with my extra boxes and taxes/fee it will be $120 a month and my first bill will be about 169 with internet activation fee. I also recieved an email in my verison account confirming my price basically was the same amount he told me. So I just recieved my first bill and it says $236 dollars ????? Is this bill wrong or did they just falsely advertised me or I got tricked into a fake advertisement??. I tried to contact but I couldn't so I just sent an email and i just want the community responce on this matter.

Hello,

The first bill after a new installation (or any change order) is usually prorated, which means it includes the calculated amount for the number of days you've had the service (added products) in place, PLUS a full month's bill.

Hence, the very first bill is usually higher than a regular monthly bill because it reflects charges for more than one month.

Take a look at your bill -- the top part of your statement where it has the bundled price and set top box charges and then a subtotal labelled 'Current Charges' is usually what your monthly bill going forward should look like minus the subtotal of the section that says 'Specials and Promotions', and then your 'Taxes + Surcharges'.

The section in the middle where it says 'Changes in Service and Partial Month' Subtotal are the charges that were added on the month prior to the current billing cycle.

For FiOS services, Verizon bills a month in advance, hence the billing period is an exact 30 days from the date the bill was generated.

If you received a paper bill, take a look at the first page that has your bill summary and then your mailing address on the bottom -- at the bottom right portion of that bill, there is a printed date next to 'Amount Due' -- that is your billing cycle date.

For example, if it says '020713' then your billing cycle for FiOS Services is from 02/07/2013 to 03/06/2013 (which means it is billed ahead to March 2013).

In the event you add or remove services during this month, then it would show on next month's bill as this month's bill was already sent to you.

Let's say, for example, you added a set top box on 02/20/13, then a set top box charge from 02/20/13 to 03/06/13 (from the date the STB was added to the account to the end of the prior billing cycle) would appear in the section labelled 'Change in Service and Partial Month' on your bill dated '030713'.  You'll also see a full monthly charge for the STB for the billing period 03/07/2013 to 04/06/2013 under the 'Current Charges' section.

From what you stated, it is very likely that your first bill is for a full month ahead plus a few days from the date of installation (possibly 2 weeks -- recheck the start date), so the statement would indicate more than one month's worth of charges.

Also, take a look closely at your first bill to ensure that it reflects all chosen services for your bundle (TV package, internet speed and voice plan) and equipment you ordered, including all promotions and/or discounts you were given when you signed up, along with these promotions respective expiration dates, and any one-time charges that were part of the installation and then billed in installments. 

If there are any discrepancies or additional questions about the bill that you are unsure about, then do contact Verizon Customer's Service department for resolution and clarification.

And it is understandable how the first bill looks confusing because of the proration plus one month advanced billing for FiOS services.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@margoofy4 wrote:

They screwed up my bill too in Jan 2013 and till this day they still haven't fixed my bill and they want me to pay my bill... hahahhaha joke on them when I get a right statement I will pay.... I wish I didn't go to verizon ugh and went to comcast.. I was going to get my cell phone through them but not now... So I know your pain...

Margoofy4 --

it looks like Verizon is trying to resolve your issue here --

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Unhappy-with-Verizon-Billing-for-Renewal-of-Account/t...

0 Likes