Feature Request: Guide for the visually impaired.
copota
Enthusiast - Level 1

If this is in the works, then great, if not please consider.

I have family members whereby their eye-sight is far from perfect. Their major problem is reading a small font size. Even on HD TV's and large 32" CRT TV's, they still struggle reading the guide.

It would be great if FiOS can implement a version of the guide with a larger font thats spaced a bit more between letters, and a contrast scheme that would help those visually impaired see the listings better.

Maybe sit down and test configurations with those that are visually impaired and design a version of the guide that can be more comfortably read.

0 Likes
Re: Feature Request: Guide for the visually impaired.
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Copota!! Good to hear from you again, thank you for that suggestion I will definitely pass it on. At this present time we cant enlarge the font on the guide, we do offer half screen or full screen guide options and when you select the show in the guide we bring that item slightly forward so that it stands out amongst the others. Thank you for your suggestion, they are appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Feature Request: Guide for the visually impaired.
copota
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the response. It would be great if a guide for the visually impaired can be accomplished. Some other suggestions for such a guide I hope can be taken into consideration would be to...

• Work with an Ophthalmologist as a consultant for points on creating a visually impaired version.
  • Work with those that are visually impaired as a test point for development.
  • This one might be pushing it a stretch, but if a feature could be implemented whereby the guide data can be spoken electronically at the press of a remote button, kind of like how computer operating systems offer text to speech recognition. Now, that would be incredible.

Thanks again for your response.

P.S. Please make the on screen Caller ID bigger, or offer an option for a bigger display. The current display is sooo small and hard to read, especially on a CRT TV..

0 Likes