FiOS TV One boxes & HDMI-CEC?
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone happen to know if the new FiOS TV One boxes support HDMI-CEC?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS TV One boxes & HDMI-CEC?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the old VMS 1100 you go to Menu/Settings/Audio and Video/Video Settings/TV Input Control. Probably similar in the FiOS TV One. 

0 Likes
MOne3

The FiOS TV One boxes have HDMI-CEC.  I received these boxes last week, but I am having some issues with the automatic switching through my amplifier.  However, the amplifier's standby passthrough is working, and I see no issues when connecting directly to the television.

0 Likes
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, I haven't had much luck programming it for my setup at the moment. Might engage with verizon support soon.

Basically if I go into the program voice remote settings, I go to manual setup, and nothing happens when I select what TV I have...

0 Likes
MOne3

I'd like to note that I personally did not need to manually select my device.  It also seems that whenever I disconnect the hdmi cable and reconnect it, it auto configures again (a little window pops up in the top right corner).

0 Likes
RadagastVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just went through this with my Denon AVR-1909 receiver, when I upgraded from the Verizon Fios VMS-1100 to the new Verizon Fios One VMS-4100 and Fios One Voice Remote.

As it turns out, every time you power on the VMS-4100 with the Fios One Voice Remote, it resets the source (input) on your receiver (on the Denon, it resets to the default "VCR" source for HDMI 3).  This also "defeats" the "set to last used input" feature of the Denon receiver.  I had (for last decade or so) connected the Verizon STB/DVR to my receiver via the TV/CBL input (which I reassigned on the receiver to HDMI 3).

The HDMI-CEC settings on the new Fios One Voice Remote apparently messed this up, as described above.  In fact, you can even turn the Fios One VMS-4100 on and off at the box itself without affecting the input to your receiver (i.e., the input to receiver will stay at the "last used setting" if you turn the receiver and/or STB off and on again).  BUT, if you turn the Fios One STB off/on with the Fios One Voice Remote, it will always reset the input on the receiver (eg, to "VCR" on the Denon AVR-1909).

The solution?  I left HDMI-CEC on, but reassigned the receiver's VCR input source to HDMI 3 (ironically, the receiver's default), renamed the source to Fios One and now all is well.

0 Likes