FiOS TV One signal breakup
Billystone22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched over to FiOS TV One with the newer smaller 4k boxes.  Everything seems good except on commercials a get intermittent signal freeze breakup and it's super annoying.  The shows are upscaled to 2160 and no issues.  Anyone experience this before or know of this?  

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS TV One signal breakup
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Billystone22 wrote:

Alright, thanks.  I'll run through this checklist.  Do you think it's happening only to local commercials?  Because it's not all of them?  And what is APR 6.9?

APR 6.9 is the firmware version for the box. Verizon is constantly updating firmware to add features and repair issues. It might be only local-regional commercials as they get a different feed from the programming.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Billystone22 wrote:

I just switched over to FiOS TV One with the newer smaller 4k boxes.  Everything seems good except on commercials a get intermittent signal freeze breakup and it's super annoying.  The shows are upscaled to 2160 and no issues.  Anyone experience this before or know of this?  

Does it happen on all the boxes in the house or just the minis? Does it happen to SD shows, or just commercials? Are the commercials national or local ? Have you tried the usual drill of power cycling your router, then the boxes?

Billystone22
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far it's happened on the main box and 1 mini box, both during SD shows that are upscaled to 2160 but only during the commercials which I believe are national.  If I power cycle, what do I start with? 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Billystone22 wrote:

So far it's happened on the main box and 1 mini box, both during SD shows that are upscaled to 2160 but only during the commercials which I believe are national.  If I power cycle, what do I start with?

First turn everything off. Disconnect power to the router for about 1 minute, plug it back  in and turn on. When you get the router connected to the web again, unplug the main Fios box, give it a minute, plug it back in and turn on. Once that is done recovering, do the same to the mini. That should reset everything in case there was some kind of a glitch . If it still does it, it may be a problem with the network feed downsampling the HD feed they get for the commercials to SD, or a problem  upsampling SD to 4K in the box. Make sure the box is on at least APR 6.9. You'll find that in the menu under system information.

Billystone22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Alright, thanks.  I'll run through this checklist.  Do you think it's happening only to local commercials?  Because it's not all of them?  And what is APR 6.9?

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Billystone22 wrote:

APR 6.9 is the firmware version for the box. Verizon is constantly updating firmware to add features and repair issues. It might be only local-regional commercials as they get a different feed from the programming.