I'm trying to setup a MCE system so we can record the ClearQam channels that I'm told are offered. However after going thru 2 different brands of cards that offer Digital ClearQam tuners, I can't see to get it to work. No matter what software I try all I get is static when I tune into a channel.
Is there a trick @ getting one of these cards to work on FiOS?
if I am reading this correctly you are trying to use cable cards that you did not get from verizon? if that is the case, they won't work and you'll have to get cable cards from verizon.
verizon offers clear qam through the coax line so you CAN get SD and HD locals plus some PEGS. but you wouldn't need a cable card to get those. you would just need a coax line from the wall to the device you are connecting. if you're trying to use cable cards, then it has to be ones that are registered on VZ network. they run about 3.99 a month
I ran into a similar problem. Here is how I fixed it.
1. Follow the normal MCE setup steps to scan for channels. It will report nothing found.
2. Follow the menus - Settings:TV:Guide:Edit Channels
- check each ClearQAM channel (those without a 'lock' icon)
At this point, you'll be able to tune to each channel, but without guide listings. To get the correct listings, you'll need to identify each QAM channel with a call sign (KOMO, KIRO etc.). Make a list of the channels you want to watch and their call signs.
3. Go back into Edit Channels. Uncheck the ones you don't want to watch (Shopping or SD for example). For the ones you want to watch, click on each channel number - then choose Edit Listings.
4. On the Channel Listing screen you can type the call sign of the channel to scroll to the correct point in the list. Click on the correct item in the list to link it to the channel.
That should fix things up for you.
I don't know why this happens, can anyone shed any light on this issue?
I strongly suspect that this occurs because of incorrect PSIP information on the QAM channels that makes it impossible for MCE to ID the channels in the guide.
I have four Clear QAM tuners in my house and NONE of them can display the correct Virtual Channel numbers (part of the PSIP data) correctly. One tuner even crashes when trying to scan.