FiOS mobile not connecting when on my network
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to be clear, I am running my own router. My setup looks like:

FiOS Actiontec LAN -> WAN My netgear router

I run my whole network (including wifi) off my netgear router.

The problem is that on my android tablet I can only stream from cloud. It thnks my DVR is offline.

However, if I turn on wifi on my FiOS router and connect to that it works.

What am I missing? Do I need to copy the port forwarding entries for the DVR that I see on the FiOS router??

0 Likes
Re: FiOS mobile not connecting when on my network
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

FIOS MOBILE should connect to Verizon in such configs.  Howerer it cannot be used for streaming, remote etc.  To make it do such it must be seen by your Actiontec as in the same network as your TV STB's.

If you configure your router as a network switch it may well work.  Myself I connect to the Actiontec router with my mobile device instead of my own router WHEN I want to do such things. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of extra questions/comments:

1) I assume you have Quantum DVR? Streaming from the app only works with Quantum.

2) Does your streaming work outside the house (wifi or cell)? If not, you need to put in a trouble report via the help menu on the app.

I would assume that given the fact that the app is supposed to work outside the house, it would work if you have a seperate subnet set up inside the house. APP used to oly work when it was on the same subnet at the STBs. But I beleive that ahs been eliminated (for DVR streaming) with latest update.

0 Likes
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, I got Quantum DVR. I can stream from the cloud, just not from my DVR.

What update are you refering to? From what I can tell what I am seeing is indicitive of my network being on a different subnet than the DVR, so looking for that would be super useful!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update I am referring to is the latest quantum 3.0

It shouldn't need to be on the same subnet anymore.

Have you tried it outside the house?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

CRobGauth

If they were suppose to have fixed this, then it doesn't work for me either.  When connected to my own router (configured as a router on its on subnet) then I get STB Offline.  I have to have my Android device connect to my Actiontec.

TNS

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it work outside your house?

I don't have a seperate subnet at home, but can't beleive it would work fine on a subnet outside of the house, but not on one inside. But I have been wrong before (I think). 🙂

0 Likes