Fios 1 minis freezing..
wthkah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated to Fios one. Everything works fine as long as my main TV with the main STB is on. When I turn it off, and try to watch a TV attached to a mini, the picture keeps freezing up. Stops as soon as I turn the main unit back on. I know it all goes thru the main box, but I shouldn't have to leave that TV on to watch TV elsewhere in the house.

It's all hooked thru coax.

0 Likes
Re: Fios 1 minis freezing..
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rebooting the main DVR seem to fix alot of issues. I would first uplug the main DVR and the mini. Then reboot your router when it comes back up then plug in DVR and when that comes up then plug in the mini. 

GTrain

I had the same problem with 2 coaxial connected minis.  Service visit tried remote restarts, replacing main verizon ONT and replacing all set top boxes to no avail.  After he left, saying that he would contact their video guy, I did some troubleshooting and found that the box did not 'get along' with my powered HDMI video switcher (3 in 1 out to TV).  Once I bypassed that device, both minis worked flawlessly whether the main DVR box/TV were on or off.  Now I just have to come up with a work around for the HDMI switch.  Hope this helps or gets you closer to figuring it out.

0 Likes
Mike882

Perfect solution!  Thank You! 

0 Likes