Fios App for Roku
drz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its about time FIOS put an app out there for the Roku or other streaming devices  

You have other providers doing it, so why doesn't Verizon do it, because they don't want to loose STB revenue.  Well everyone doesn't want to have to put STB's in ever room and have to pay $10/month per box.  You have put the app in the App stores for Android/IOS.

You want your service to be taken serious, then develope the APP.

Re: Fios App for Roku
sszturma
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with this post.  I"m a new FIOS customer and the user experience with the FIOS applications is simply horrible.  Search is terrible, font size is hard to read, and most of the content I find requires me to make an additional payment.  I'm a few steps away from 'cord cutting' and just using Internet services.

I've also been a Roku user for years.  They have a great UX.  Customers love them for good reason.  If you truly want a great customer experience, then make the application.

DonaldTrump1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will be a cold day in hell before I allow a STB in my home.  

I have TiVo and Roku, and that’s all I need.  Therefore, Verizon loses EVERY TIME when I want to rent a movie.

Time to smell reality, FiOS!  Make an app for Roku/TiVo/etc!

0 Likes
AY12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. I have a few months before my contract ends. If Verizon doesn't have an app by then I'm going to the competition (DirecTV or Xfinity)

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My understanding is that xfinity charges to use their roku app.

-SteveD-
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with this post. I'm a recent convert from Xfinity only because they couldn't keep my costs under control. The FIOS interface is abysmal, the whole UI is terrible, and everything presented seems to be something thta's going to cost you more money. 

-SteveD-
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use the Roku Streaming+ and have come to use it pretty successfully with FIOS by "reversing" my approach and accomodating the lack of a single app. I do this by accessing and adding the FIOS channels that I subscribe to onto my Roku. I realize it's more work to go and find the channel, add it, and get the code to enable it but... I do get to use a better interface and my roku remote has a voice interface that I'm still mastering but it is better than nothing.