Fios Mobile app Error Code:2042
dlenn845

Hello I have tried several times to resolve being able to play recorded programs from my DVR when I am in my home on my WiFi.  In the course of trying to fix that I have now a second problem that is the Fios mobile app running on my samsung tablet now comes up with an error

"This device has already been authorized/de-authorized twice in twelve-month period and has reached its authorization/de-authorization limit.

Error Code: 2042"

Now two things, first there needs to be somewhere to help me fix this.  Fios technical support told me I needed to speak to the "E" department, blind transfered me there, and I got an auto attendant that hung up on me.  Second there should be a warning about this so before you deauthorize your device you are warned how many times you have done this in the past 12 months.

Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
Re: Fios Mobile app Error Code:2042
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try using help in FiOS app. They may be willing to help.

Probably can claim you didn't know about limit.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Mobile app Error Code:2042
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dlenn845,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes