Fios Mobile app not working with Android 5.0
ckronengold1

Lots of complaints in the Google Play store about the Fios Mobile app now that Verizon has pushed the Lollipop update to the Galaxy S5.

Wasn't sure if anyone reads these forums or if other people would be searching for help, so thought I'd at least post.

The DVR and remote functionality of the Fios Mobile app is broken in Lollipop on the Galaxy S5

0 Likes
Re: Fios Mobile app not working with Android 5.0
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

What's not working?  Seemed to work fine for me when I tested it, both the other day and just now.

0 Likes
ubizmo

Mine doesn't work either. When I try to use it, it tells me no set-top boxes are registered on my account, even though I have three working units at home. I therefore can't use it for DVR functions or much of anything else. I'm not on Lollipop either.

I did spend some time on the phone with Tech Support about this, but the problem remains unsolved. This may or may not be related to my inability to watch content on the Verizon web site, using a desktop browser. It just tells me I'm "not subscribed" to whatever I try to look at, even CNN.

Between this and the inability to pay online, I'm about ready to go elsewhere.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note I am using Quantum TV.  Just verified that I could see my DVR schedule, recordings and add a recording to the DVR.

My Phone is on Lollipop (Samsung Galaxy S5).  FIOS Mobile version 3.1.

Just checked and a new version is out there version 3.5.

0 Likes
ckronengold1

The remote control functions do not work. 

The remote is greyed out and generates an error message if you try to use it.  And I am connected to the Fios router. 

0 Likes
ckronengold1

Just check the reviews on the Google Play store. Tons of people reporting probelms with the update to Android 5.0

Tye Bandy February 11, 2015
Remote doesn't work No longer has remote feature after Lollipop update to Galaxy S5

Mike de Gouveia February 8, 2015

Not compatible with Android L This was an OK app before I updated my S5 to lollipop. It was a bit glitchy with scheduling recordings and scrolling through TV listings before, but now it is just terrible and does not even allow me to use the app as a remote control and is always crashing. I'm keeping the app because I'm hopeful that they will resolve the compatibility issues because it is pretty convenient having an app running off the WiFi to control the DVR. I will submit a new review once they do.

Robert DeNuto February 9, 2015
"restore to factory settings and try again." I contacted FiOS support because after updating my S5 to Lollipop, the app would no longer recognize that I was connected to my FiOS router. As a result, I couldn't change the channels on my FiOS set top box or watch FiOS programs on my phone

Juston Ling

Please fix the Lollipop S5 issue The remote portion is the only reason to have this app, and since it had been rendered useless ever since Lollipop was pushed - I have to rate 1 star. Once fixed I will gladly update

Len S. February 12, 2015
Remote don't work on App
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Okay remote control doesn't work.  Other functions such as setting up recordings do work.  Apparently it doesn't recognize when its in your local network.  Those other functions work even when you are away.

0 Likes
ckronengold1
Right. Suggestions? Solution?
0 Likes
AnnH

Mine does not work either since I upgraded my Samsung S5 to Android 5. It did work before, I cannot use the remote at all, I too get the not connected to network message.  I can view the  channel listings.

Fortunately I have a Samsung tablet that has 4.2 on it that works.

This was a nice app when it worked. I also have trouble trying to watch shows, etc. on the phone.

0 Likes
mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2
My brand new s5 with lollipop can't work remote either. Says I'm not connected to wireless router when I obviously am!
0 Likes