Fios One/Samsung Q80/hdmi 2.0/HDR
Commodore64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased an iBirdie 4K Fiber Optic HDMI Cable in 50 Feet, (HDMI 2.0 18Gbps, Supports 4K 60hz(4 4 4, Dolby Vision, HDR10, E-ARC, HDCP2.2) 1440p 144hz, One-Way Work) to run from the media closet to the home theater TV.  The TV is a Samsung Q80.  After running the wire (which I failed to test before running through the ceiling and walls, classic amateur mistake) and could not get any picture whatsoever, no menu screen, nothing.  I tried the wire in both directions as well.  I figured I damaged the wire when running it through the beams.  After buying a new Wire (and enlarging the holes through the beams), I tested the new wire, and still, unable to get any picture whatsoever.  And ideas?

here is a link to the wire:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NMZMJ68/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZGZzDbMCR51AF

here is a link to the TV:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-75-class-led-q80-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6331769....

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Fios One/Samsung Q80/hdmi 2.0/HDR
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

First try the wire with another source like a blurry player. Start out with a basic DVD and don't do any up sampling to see if the cable can handle low bandwidth video. If you get an image, move up to 1080p on the blue ray player. If that works, try the fios box again. If you fail to get an image with a simple DVD, try a different input on the TV. Make sure that is the chosen input in the TV menu. If you finally get a picture, make sure that input on TV is in enhanced mode or you won't be able to see any 4k HDR.

0 Likes
Commodore64
Enthusiast - Level 2

The TV I have seems to automatically have enhanced HDR and there is no setting for it.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a picture yet?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also try turning off "intelligent mode setting" and check to see if color space is on auto, or REC 709.

0 Likes