Fios One box randomly reboots causing multiple recording files for one show
mkitson85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been back and forth with Verizon support for weeks now with no solutions thus far. We had our Verizon Fios service installed on September 18th, since then our server in the Master Bedroom has had nothing but problems. I should mention that we have a server in our family room and a server in our master bedroom. We are only having this problem with the server in our master bedroom. It reboots at random times, usually during a recording causing the recording to have multiple files and sometimes the recording quality will also be effected with it skipping at times. Verizon has sent us a replacement box and it is still doing the same thing. We have a connecter that connects two cables in the bedroom because the cable wasn't long enough that we replaced and that didn't fix the problem. We are using the same coaxial cable we used when we had DirecTV and had no problems with DirecTV, so I am at a loss as to what to do at this point. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to fix it??

Re: Fios One box randomly reboots causing multiple recording files for one show
mkitson85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everytime I contact tech support they troubleshoot the issue and I end up going through the same thing I did 1000x before! They send some "commands" to the box, the box reboots and then it starts doing the same crap all over again! It reboots randomly throughout the day, causing multiple files on the DVR for one 1-hour show, and the recordings end up skipping while I try to watch them. Obviously it isn't an issue with the set top box because Verizon sent us a replacement and it is doing the same thing! I am so fed up with Verizon Support! I just want my box to stop rebooting (like 5x per day) and my recorded shows to have one recording file on my DVR that has a smooth playback! Is that too much to ask??

No_Idea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem and it’s driving me insane!!  If you do find an answer, please post it back here.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

What firmware version are your boxes on? It's possible the last update to version 6.8 may not have completed correctly. Go here and let them know the issue. They may have to push a new update to your box.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

0 Likes
No_Idea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found my issue was resolved with a new HDMI cable, which makes no sense to me.  HDMI-CEC was disabled.  Even if it wasn’t I could understand occasionally turning on/off, but not rebooting.  Also, I had this issue with 2 STB’s.  Not a fun problem 🤣

0 Likes