Fios One remote AVR Receiver power/volume Question
RM-SST

My Setup: Samsung TV, Fios One cable box, Yamaha AVR receiver

The remote works for all three but is sporadic at best when powering the Yamaha AVR receiver on and off, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and it is not an IR issue because once it's on the volume works flawlessly.

Is there a way to have the Fios remote disregard the power command to the AVR and just leave it on all the time?  Then the remote would turn on the cable box and TV and control the volume of the Yamaha AVR but would not turn it on/off and everything would work perfectly.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios One remote AVR Receiver power/volume Question
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@RM-SST wrote:

The remote works for all three but is sporadic at best when powering the Yamaha AVR receiver on and off, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and it is not an IR issue because once it's on the volume works flawlessly.

Is there a way to have the Fios remote disregard the power command to the AVR and just leave it on all the time?  Then the remote would turn on the cable box and TV and control the volume of the Yamaha AVR but would not turn it on/off and everything would work perfectly.

I think the problem with the Yamaha AVR is they use a unique power off, and on command, and if you don't point the remote at the AVR long enough, they don't see the commands. As far as only controlling the volume, I don't think there is a way to only control volume . You could look here: Main Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Fios TV Voice Remote>Manual Setup. You would have to reprogram the remote but there might be  volume only option in there. You could take an optical out from your TV and send it to the Yamaha and use the TV volume to control it as long as you don't need to send HDMI to the Yamaha from the Fios box. Also did you try saying a voice command from the remote to turn off the TV alone?

View solution in original post

Re: Fios One remote AVR Receiver power/volume Question
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@RM-SST wrote:

I think the problem with the Yamaha AVR is they use a unique power off, and on command, and if you don't point the remote at the AVR long enough, they don't see the commands. As far as only controlling the volume, I don't think there is a way to only control volume . You could look here: Main Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Fios TV Voice Remote>Manual Setup. You would have to reprogram the remote but there might be  volume only option in there. You could take an optical out from your TV and send it to the Yamaha and use the TV volume to control it as long as you don't need to send HDMI to the Yamaha from the Fios box. Also did you try saying a voice command from the remote to turn off the TV alone?