Fios Quantum TV streams when connected to Fios Router but not when connected to Apple Airport
dml1774

I had some difficulty getting my Fios Mobile App to connect with my set top box for streaming.  I finally noticed that when I connected to the wifi of the Fios Router directly, it worked.  It wouldnt work when my ipad was connected to an apple airport extreme.  The streaming is the same -- even after I got it connected, streaming would not work unless I was connected to the fios router.  This is a problem because my Fios router is in the basement.  Is there a setting on the airport that i can change to get access through my airport?  It is already set to bridge mode.

Many thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum TV streams when connected to Fios Router but not when connected to Apple Airport
PeterCJ

@dml1774 wrote:

I had some difficulty getting my Fios Mobile App to connect with my set top box for streaming.  I finally noticed that when I connected to the wifi of the Fios Router directly, it worked.  It wouldnt work when my ipad was connected to an apple airport extreme.  The streaming is the same -- even after I got it connected, streaming would not work unless I was connected to the fios router.  This is a problem because my Fios router is in the basement.  Is there a setting on the airport that i can change to get access through my airport?  It is already set to bridge mode.

Many thanks. 

Were you able to get this working, or has anyone else gotten streaming from a FiOS Quantum Media Server to an iPad to work when connected to an Apple Airport Extreme on the "home network"?

I just upgraded our FiOS DVR to a Quantum Media Server and have noticed the same problem: the FiOS Mobile App on iPad can only stream TV successfully when connected to the FiOS router's wifi network, it can't when its connected to the wifi network of our Apple Airport Extreme (which is in "bridge mode" connected to the FiOS router via Ethernet cable).  Even though the app can "see" the STB when connected to the Airport Extreme's wifi network, when attempting to play I just get a black screen with a spinning icon and then eventually an error code.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum TV streams when connected to Fios Router but not when connected to Apple Airport
PeterCJ

P.S.  I see that there is some discussion of what sounds like the same issue here, but with no solution: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30474273-Networking-Steam-DVR-with-another-AP

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I run Samsung tablet with a second ap in bridge mode with no issues.

And you should be able to stream from DVR regardless of network.

Did you say if remote control function works?

Try reloading app.

If that doesn't work, enter trouble ticket under help menu of app.

0 Likes