Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
cedmer
Enthusiast

rebooted the Router/ STB and all Alexa devices, disabled and re-enable the FIOS skill on Alexa Apps and ran the Voice Control Troubleshooting on the STB and this is the result: 
image

 Any thoughts?  -Thanks 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
cedmer
Enthusiast

@Rock79 wrote:

Well Amazon says the skill is broken.

I said Verizon insists it an Amazon issue 

image


I was on the phone with Amzn Alexa Tech Support  and  asked the guy if I'm the only one who called for this kind of issue and he said YES.  And I let him do the same troubleshooting, as expected still didn't work.  🙄 they will be working with the FIOS team for this issue 🙄 

View solution in original post

Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@cedmer wrote:

rebooted the Router/ STB and all Alexa devices, disabled and re-enable the FIOS skill on Alexa Apps and ran the Voice Control Troubleshooting on the STB and this is the result: 
image

 Any thoughts?  -Thanks 


Are the Alexa and the Fios box on the same SSID?

Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
Rock79
Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue. This started about 3 days ago. Error code 31 in fios voice control troubleshooting. Can't ping. Same SSID. It's worked relatively fine for a long time. I've rebooted all devices, reinstalled app, relinked. Taken all Alexa's offline. I've done it all. Alexa says command but the tv doesn't change the channel. 

Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Rock79 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. This started about 3 days ago. Error code 31 in fios voice control troubleshooting. Can't ping. Same SSID. It's worked relatively fine for a long time. I've rebooted all devices, reinstalled app, relinked. Taken all Alexa's offline. I've done it all. Alexa says command but the tv doesn't change the channel. 


I'll check with support and see if they are aware of anything about this.

Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
DaveLister
Newbie

I'm having this problem w/ Google Assistant. Upgraded to a TV One STB Thursday, tried to connect it to Google on Friday with no success, and got the same results from the troubleshooter.

0 Likes
Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
Rcgus
Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue.  Same here. Started a few days ago.  Worked fine for two years.  I'm sure Verizon changed something or something changed in the app.  I tried everything so I'm sure it's out of our control.  

Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
cedmer
Enthusiast

@clem53 wrote:

@cedmer wrote:

rebooted the Router/ STB and all Alexa devices, disabled and re-enable the FIOS skill on Alexa Apps and ran the Voice Control Troubleshooting on the STB and this is the result: 
image

 Any thoughts?  -Thanks 


Are the Alexa and the Fios box on the same SSID?



Yes they are on the same SSID

Alexa has been working fine with me for several years until the early evening of 04/07/2022 with these issues

Thanks for responding

0 Likes
Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
cedmer
Enthusiast

Looks like the support team has no clue to fix this issue.. .. it has been 4 days since and with several persons on the phone with them  they just did the same troubleshooting... Instead of me waiting for their fix (who knows when , another 48hrs?) 🙄😒 I asked if they could just replace my STB and be over with it she said NO, they would have to investigate and escalate my issue  😫

0 Likes
Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
Rock79
Enthusiast

.I don't think its your specific stb, it's an engineering issue effecting many people, so you would probably have the same issue with a new box. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios STB not responding to Alexa Command
Rcgus
Enthusiast

I'm not surprised they have no clue.  Typically, technical issues of this nature either take forever to get resolved or never get resolved by Verizon.  I have had a streaming issue to my phone from my home network for over a year with no resolution from Verizon.  When things work, they work great, when they don't, they are broken forever.   This issue is defiantly an internal engineering issue mostly effecting the geeks like us who use and experiment with every piece of technology possible, just because we can.  

0 Likes