Fios TV App using own router
kgoose231

Hi all,

I have been investigating using my own router to replace the g1100 due to some spotty coverage and performance issues.  I have seen a lot of articles and posts on getting this to work, and in following those I was able to get my new router working.  The only issue I seemed to have was with the TV app and the channels that require me to be connected to my home network and thus an STB rather than the cloud for viewing.  I was never able to get connected so I can watch those channels.  Is there an additional step that would allow the app to see that I am connected in my home so the tv channels are fully functional or is this one of the tradeoffs of using your own router.  I appreciate any assistance!

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV App using own router
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a trade off. Verizon STBs need G1100/G3100/older models (as WAN) to register, guide, and update. So far, the forum users have not yet find an easy workaround with this issue.

May I ask what are the performance issues of G1100? I believe it has an impressive throughput of 950Mbps through ethernet and 350Mbps+ on the 5GHz WiFi. The spotty coverage WiFi is due to the transmission frequency itself. Can't you buy some wireless extenders from Verizon?

0 Likes