Fios TV One Voice Remote - Question and Problem
ultradianguy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi folks - 

Has anyone found anything that lists all the available commands for the new remote?  In the marketing info they give a smattering of things you could ask - but it's really unclear what the remote will and will not understand.  It would be a lot easier to have a list than keep asking things hoping you'll hit the right one.

Also - I have 3 STBs including the server/DVR.  I've been able to pair one so it changes volume on the tv, another so it changes volume on a sound bar - but the third, will not control volume and a Yamaha receiver.  It's trying to change the volume on the TV.  Unclear to me how to change this. 

It would be awfully nice if they actually documented this system.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One Voice Remote - Question and Problem
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ultradianguy1 wrote:

Hi folks - 

Has anyone found anything that lists all the available commands for the new remote?  In the marketing info they give a smattering of things you could ask - but it's really unclear what the remote will and will not understand.  It would be a lot easier to have a list than keep asking things hoping you'll hit the right one.

Also - I have 3 STBs including the server/DVR.  I've been able to pair one so it changes volume on the tv, another so it changes volume on a sound bar - but the third, will not control volume and a Yamaha receiver.  It's trying to change the volume on the TV.  Unclear to me how to change this. 

Thanks,

When you program the remote it asks you if there is an audio device to be added. That's where you add Yamaha, then choose the model. If you never saw that you have to start from scratch again with that remote and select additional audio device.

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘ok’ to Select
  2. Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps
  3. You will get a ‘success’ message in the upper right of the screen when the setup is complete.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ultradianguy1 wrote:

Hi folks - 

Thanks,

When you program the remote it asks you if there is an audio device to be added. That's where you add Yamaha, then choose the model. If you never saw that you have to start from scratch again with that remote and select additional audio device.

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘ok’ to Select
  2. Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps
  3. You will get a ‘success’ message in the upper right of the screen when the setup is complete.
ultradianguy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup, I had done that, and it worked during the setup procedure (the volume on the receiver changes) but didn't work after.  I went back and chose "Change audio device". It was already set to the receiver, so I switched it to TV and then back to Receiver - and then it worked.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Glad you got it.

Kenjab
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this exact same problem for weeks and felt like I tried everything and your solution worked for me too! Such a simple solution too, go figure.

Chloebeetle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do am not given "Fios TV Voice Remote" option just amazon and google - I would like my remote to -use the volume and mute key help

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes