Fios TV One boxes
Scooter21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Installed Fios TV One - 1 main unit and 2 minis.  On the main unit and 1 of the minis, the left lights are white and the right lights are off.  On the 2nd mini, the left light is white and the right light is green.  Why are the lights on the 2 minis different, and what does the right green light on 1 of the minis, but not the other, indicate?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One boxes
Scooter21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mystery solved - changed changed coax to wifi on one mini and the right light came on green when connected; changed wifi to coax on the other mini and the green light disappeared, leaving only the white left light.  So - - the right green light means it is connected to wifi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

One the main DVR the left LED white and right off is normal. Unless you are recording then the right light is red  

On the minis the left LED is white and right LED is green us also normal. The green light is the MoCA light. Similar to the little house icon on the top left display on the old VMS1100 STBs.

Not sure why the other mini box doesn't have the green light. Is it working ok? How is it connected? Coax or Wifi?

0 Likes
Scooter21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the helpful information.

The mini without the green light is connected by coax (the mini with the green light is connected by wifi).  I doubt it matters, but the mini without the green light is connected to an old non-HD TV. 

0 Likes
Scooter21
Enthusiast - Level 2

And, yes, the mini without the green light is working fine.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Weird. I would have thought the opposite. That the green light would be the coax and the one with no light would be wireless. 

0 Likes
Scooter21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go figure?  I guess as long as it works, I'll just have to live with the mystery.

0 Likes
Scooter21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mystery solved - changed changed coax to wifi on one mini and the right light came on green when connected; changed wifi to coax on the other mini and the green light disappeared, leaving only the white left light.  So - - the right green light means it is connected to wifi.

0 Likes