Fios TV One remote suddenly controlling default volume instead of TV volume
Zork75
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tonight all of a sudden my Fios TV One remote has stopped controlling the volume on my TV.  It is now controlling what appears to be the default volume setting that you access under Settings, Audio, Fios TV  One Remote where you can set the default setting from 0 to 30.  I tried repairing the TV in settings, it is a TCL Roku.  The pairing changes the volume of the TV to show the pairing was successful.  My remote powers the TV on and off.  Prior to tonight it was adjusting the TV volume just fine.  But now when I use the volume on the remote, the default volume widget appears that says Fixed and is set at 30.  I have tried changing all the audio settings I could find and have rebooted multiple times.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One remote suddenly controlling default volume instead of TV volume
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@zork75 wrote:

Tonight all of a sudden my Fios TV One remote has stopped controlling the volume on my TV.  It is now controlling what appears to be the default volume setting that you access under Settings, Audio, Fios TV  One Remote where you can set the default setting from 0 to 30.  I tried repairing the TV in settings, it is a TCL Roku.  The pairing changes the volume of the TV to show the pairing was successful.  My remote powers the TV on and off.  Prior to tonight it was adjusting the TV volume just fine.  But now when I use the volume on the remote, the default volume widget appears that says Fixed and is set at 30.  I have tried changing all the audio settings I could find and have rebooted multiple times.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you tried removing power to the Fios box for 3 minutes and plugging it back in? Also are you completely re-programming your remote by going into settings>Voice control>Fios voice remote>Program voice remote>Reset remote setup.

Then go back in after rebooting the box, Voice control>Fios voice remote>Program voice remote>manual setup. input the model of the TV, OK, reboot again. Should work.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@zork75 wrote:

Have you tried removing power to the Fios box for 3 minutes and plugging it back in? Also are you completely re-programming your remote by going into settings>Voice control>Fios voice remote>Program voice remote>Reset remote setup.

Then go back in after rebooting the box, Voice control>Fios voice remote>Program voice remote>manual setup. input the model of the TV, OK, reboot again. Should work.

Zork75
Enthusiast - Level 1

That did the trick!  Thank you so much for the help!

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which did it? The power cycle or the re-programming? Just checking for future reference, thanks.