Fios TV One set up issue
StermBurger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got the Fios TV One to replace my old fios STB. I connected the TV One to the TV, COAX, and ethernet. The TV One does not display on my TV (Tried all HDMI ports and different cords) for me to set up the box. Instead the box flashes through a series of light sequences and then stops with nothing happening. The light sequences is White/white flashing, Green/Red Flashing, Green/Green (Double Green) flashing, then they stops.  It will start this process again about 1/2 minutes later. I am using a Fios G-1100 router which I have read is compatible with TV One.  Any Suggestions on how to get the TV One to work? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One set up issue
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@StermBurger wrote:

Coax comes out of the wall into a splitter to router and TV one. This is how the old (Motorola) Fios box was installed previously. So to set up, I uninstalled the old box and put the existing coax into the new box. 

Check the splitter and make sure it is MoCa 2 certified. If not get Verizon to give you one, or get one online or at one of the big box stores. Also check all the coax connections and make sure they are good, something could have come loose in the re-install. The coax from the wall should be coming from your ONT, or a splitter after the ONT. make sure that splitter, if there is one is also MoCa 2 certified. Also unplug power to your router for at least 3 minutes, unplug power to the Fios box, plug the router back in, wait until stable, plug Fios box back in.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

For clarification: is the box being connected to the TV the main unit (aka the VMS) as opposed to a mini STB?

If I remember correctly, the Ethernet jack on the VMS isn't used. The unit connects via a coaxial cable.

StermBurger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct it’s the main box. I know it only needs coax, but I tried to use Ethernet with coax during my troubleshooting process to try to get the box to work.  

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, the Ethernet port is administratively disabled. It cannot be used to provide a network connection.

Where does the Coax cable from the Fios TV One go? It should go to both the ONT RF out and the G1100 Router LAN Coax port on its route.

StermBurger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Coax comes out of the wall into a splitter to router and TV one. This is how the old (Motorola) Fios box was installed previously. So to set up, I uninstalled the old box and put the existing coax into the new box. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@StermBurger wrote:

Check the splitter and make sure it is MoCa 2 certified. If not get Verizon to give you one, or get one online or at one of the big box stores. Also check all the coax connections and make sure they are good, something could have come loose in the re-install. The coax from the wall should be coming from your ONT, or a splitter after the ONT. make sure that splitter, if there is one is also MoCa 2 certified. Also unplug power to your router for at least 3 minutes, unplug power to the Fios box, plug the router back in, wait until stable, plug Fios box back in.