Fios TV One setbox HDD
Artie087
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a noobe when it comes to set top boxes! Does the hard disk drive in the Fios TV One STB run continuously, 24/7 as mine does? This is kind of creepy to me. Also, I know it can recover and reboot after a brief power outage, but can it retain user settings like remote pairing info after a long off period such as over a vacation period of a week or more?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One setbox HDD
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Artie087 wrote:

I'm a noobe when it comes to set top boxes! Does the hard disk drive in the Fios TV One STB run continuously, 24/7 as mine does? This is kind of creepy to me. Also, I know it can recover and reboot after a brief power outage, but can it retain user settings like remote pairing info after a long off period such as over a vacation period of a week or more?

As far as I know, the box will retain all programming info even after a blackout. Not sure if it will retain the programming after a week though. The hard drive does run all the time.

View solution in original post

Re: Fios TV One setbox HDD
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Artie087 wrote:

As far as I know, the box will retain all programming info even after a blackout. Not sure if it will retain the programming after a week though. The hard drive does run all the time.