Fios TV app not allowing me to watch certain channels
Richiewheels

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can help me with this situation. When I’m home, connected to my FiOS router there are certain stations that say  “switch to set-top box fron the settings menu to stream this channel when connected to your Fios router” 

I am connected to the router and there is no switch to set-top box feo

the settings menu. It’s very frustrating as I’m home and connected to the router. Can anyone help? Seems to be a common problem. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV app not allowing me to watch certain channels
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Richiewheels wrote:

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can help me with this situation. When I’m home, connected to my FiOS router there are certain stations that say  “switch to set-top box fron the settings menu to stream this channel when connected to your Fios router” 

I am connected to the router and there is no switch to set-top box feo

the settings menu. It’s very frustrating as I’m home and connected to the router. Can anyone help? Seems to be a common problem. 

What specific stations are giving you the problem?

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Have you tried unplugging power from the Fios Box and router for at least 3 minutes, plug in router, then when stable plug Fios Box back in.

Some channels not available on Fios TV app
map09

When changing to certain channels on Fios tv app I get a message saying “switch to set top box from settings menu to stream this channel when connected to your WiFi router”.

Unfortunately that’s not an option in the settings menu in the app. 
BTW channel is one that I subscribe to. 

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Some channels not available on Fios TV app
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@map09 wrote:

When changing to certain channels on Fios tv app I get a message saying “switch to set top box from settings menu to stream this channel when connected to your WiFi router”.

Unfortunately that’s not an option in the settings menu in the app. 
BTW channel is one that I subscribe to. 

Any thoughts?

Have you tried uninstalling the app, download the latest version and try again?

Re: Some channels not available on Fios TV app
map09

Yes. I tried deleting app and reinstalling but no luck. 

0 Likes
map09

Yes.  Also tried using app on several other devices (all iOS) with no luck

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@map09 wrote:

Yes.  Also tried using app on several other devices (all iOS) with no luck

I recall reading there are some providers that still don't have deals struck with Verizon to allow their programming to be used through the app. That could be why the app is directing you to use the box instead. Which channel is it you can't get with the app?

krc0822

It is ridiculous that they advertise that you can watch your channels from your device and that is not the case. Instead of just saying that, they give you take instructions to connect to a set top box option in Settings that doesn’t exist. And then you spend hours on that horrible Chat support line and the reps have no idea what you are talking about

0 Likes
slippery2

500-549

0 Likes