Fios Voice Remote Turn on/off problems
3rj0hns
Enthusiast - Level 1

I paired the remote with a Samsung Q80 75-inch TV (connected to a Samsung AV receiver). Three issues:

1. When I turn off the TV, everything turns off (TV and AV receiver) but the TV then immediately turns back on. Any suggestions?

2. When I turn on the TV, the AV receiver turns on but the TV does not. Any suggestions?

3. Sometimes, the voice remote does nothing when I attempt to turn on the TV. I have to unplug everything (TV and AV receiver) and then attempt to turn everything back on. If I'm lucky, the result is 2. above.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Voice Remote Turn on/off problems
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a conflict between CEC (Anynet+) on your TV and the Fios box trying to control everything. First try disabling device control in the settings on the Fios box under voice control options. If that doesnt work try disabling Anynet+ on the TV and receiver. Might also be some combination of the above that works.

3rj0hns
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that. If I disable Anynet+, the sound will come only from the TV speakers. The system doesn't even show the option to produce sound from the home theater speakers. This is really discouraging.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried just turning CEC off only in the Verizon STB like clem said? Leave Anynet+ set to ON on the TV but just turn it off on the box by going to...
Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > TV Input Control, press Disable.

0 Likes