Fios computer streaming times out
qjohn

I love watching Fios TV on my computer. It times out. Then, I need to login in twice. Then, hit guide, and find the channel again. Take a long time. Sometimes it cuts out in the middle of the news or a movie.  I have unable to extend the time. I suggest that you give a signal before you time out, giving the viewer the opportunity to stay logged in. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios computer streaming times out
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@qjohn wrote:

I love watching Fios TV on my computer. It times out. Then, I need to login in twice. Then, hit guide, and find the channel again. Take a long time. Sometimes it cuts out in the middle of the news or a movie.  I have unable to extend the time. I suggest that you give a signal before you time out, giving the viewer the opportunity to stay logged in. 

Are you sure it is Fios timing out, or power saving on your computer that shuts down the connection after a time? Look at device manager if you are on Windows and see if the WiFi adapter is set to remain on all the time. Also look at any power saving and disable it while watching Fios. Not suere where the options are on IOS or Android, but I'm sure that is your problem, not the app itself timing out.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@qjohn wrote:

Are you sure it is Fios timing out, or power saving on your computer that shuts down the connection after a time? Look at device manager if you are on Windows and see if the WiFi adapter is set to remain on all the time. Also look at any power saving and disable it while watching Fios. Not suere where the options are on IOS or Android, but I'm sure that is your problem, not the app itself timing out.

JamalW

NOT a power save issue.  Still times out.  Problem not solved.

0 Likes
VZNuser22

I experience this problem as well (watching Fios TV on a computer using the browser).  While viewing a program, the browser opens a new window and goes to my main account page.  If I click "back" the session returns back to what I was watching, but at the beginning of the program, not where I was viewing.

The time period for this jumping back to the account page is unclear.  I have not timed the events, but it seems to happen after 20 or 30 minutes.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes