Fios one set top boxes
Randall6958
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having just upgraded to the new Fios one set top boxes, I was immediately disappointed in the quality and features that appear to have been eliminated, First and most noticeable was the lack of the time clock and channel indicator on the set top boxes, in addition to the the lack of ability to control your TV via the remote control, both long-standing functions  available on the prior models. Considering that Verizon  Customers pay a premium fee for the Fios package that has continued to increase in cost. One might expect to have received an upgraded new version of the equipment rather than the seemingly down graded qaulity of the new equipment boxes Verizon should consider making these options available again to there clients.

Re: Fios one set top boxes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

If you go in menu and choose audio and video, video settings, TV input control, and enable it, along with having CEC enabled on your TV you should be ok. Also make sure when you set up box and remote it saw your TV and receiver if you are using one. The remote should be able to turn on and off TV, change volume, and set correct input. As far as other functions, they went for size over function.

Randall6958
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply,  was I referring to the ability to program your TV to the remote based on the brand and model, the new remote no longer has that opption  or TV power button, in addition to the ability to have an all in one remote to control your other devices, that was a necessary and useful function, the fact that Verizon has chosen to continue to down grade the feature that there customers where accustom to. Not everyone has there TV hanging on a wall where the box can placed behind it, I'm sure this went into the decision to elmanate the Clock and Channel viewer on the set-top box.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

When you setup the FIOS 1 box, it should have found the brand and model of your TV and programmed itself to control it. Go to settings, system, fios TV voice control, program fios TV voice control, manual setup. Input your TV info there, hit ok and fios remote should control your tv. As far as clock and channel, I hate that non-feature too!

0 Likes
Dhodandav

Just switched from Cablevision. Where is the clock on the box ? Why was this feature taken out. Everyone uses it. 

0 Likes
Scouture323

$50 dollar upgrade, no time display🙄 Also now my box doesn't communicated with my other boxes in my house. Verizon is ridiculous. When my contact is up I'm out, all cable companies **bleep**. I'm gonna try out YouTube TV

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Scouture323 wrote:

$50 dollar upgrade, no time display🙄 Also now my box doesn't communicated with my other boxes in my house. Verizon is ridiculous. When my contact is up I'm out, all cable companies **bleep**. I'm gonna try out YouTube TV

What do you mean by your main box doesn't communicate with the other boxes? In order for them to work, it HAS to. What issues are you having?

0 Likes
Scouture323

The DVR is not compatible, so which ever shows I have on my box in my bedroom I can't watch on the new FIOS one box in my living room and vice versa. I haven't tried recording anything on the new box yet. My main issue is the no display of time or channel it is bothering me so much I'm considering returning it and just keeping my other box. now I need to go and buy a new clock if I want to keep it.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Scouture323 wrote:

The DVR is not compatible, so which ever shows I have on my box in my bedroom I can't watch on the new FIOS one box in my living room and vice versa. I haven't tried recording anything on the new box yet. My main issue is the no display of time or channel it is bothering me so much I'm considering returning it and just keeping my other box. now I need to go and buy a new clock if I want to keep it.

So you have a mixed system with an 1100 series DVR and Fios One boxes? First time I've heard of that being done. Surprised it works at all!

0 Likes
Mary-STH
Enthusiast - Level 1

new fios box - supposed to be an upgrade ?

Where is the clock display ??? channel display ?? this isn’t an upgrade - more like a downgrade - why would you remove time and channel??