Fios remote forgetting key programming
shrevejb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have my Fios remote (p265v5) programmed to turn on my LG tv and control my Samsung soundbar.  I used the key programming technique to get the vol+/vol-/mute working and everthing works perfectly for several hours.  The problem is the next morning the vol+/vol-/mute keys no longer work.  The remote seems to forget its custom programming.  It has done this several times and I don't know why it won't remember the custom key programming.  I have tried programmign the other remotes in the house but they don't work well.  When they program holding the vol key only moves the volume by 1 and won't keep moving.  The remotes all appear to be identical.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios remote forgetting key programming
shrevejb
Enthusiast - Level 1

So on a hunch based on another thread that mentioned older remotes had better compatability with some products I bought a P265 V3 remote off Ebay for $5.  I programmed it using the key technique to make the power turn on/off the TV and the volume/mute work with the soundbar and have had no problems for a week.  None of the V5 remotes will work or stay programed but the V3 works perfectly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Fios remote forgetting key programming
shrevejb
Enthusiast - Level 1

So on a hunch based on another thread that mentioned older remotes had better compatability with some products I bought a P265 V3 remote off Ebay for $5.  I programmed it using the key technique to make the power turn on/off the TV and the volume/mute work with the soundbar and have had no problems for a week.  None of the V5 remotes will work or stay programed but the V3 works perfectly.

0 Likes