Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
LuLu72

Firmware version: KA25.04.12Alder.f421c4ca

0 Likes
Towers1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is what has enabled the power on/off function of my Verizon FiOS remote paired to my SONY Bravia  TV (KD-55X750H).  I hope it proves helpful for other TV brands.

• Go to Settings
  • Bravia Settings
  • External Inputs
  • HDMI CES Settings
    • CEC set to "on"
    • Device Auto Power off
      • Set the on/off option to "off"
    • TV Auto Power on
      • Set the on/off option to "off  
    • Push the "off" button on the remote to test the settings.
EJV2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same issue and have tried resetting remote several times and manually entered my LG model UB9500 number and volume and channels still don't work

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@EJV wrote:

I have same issue and have tried resetting remote several times and manually entered my LG model UB9500 number and volume and channels still don't work

The Fios remote should change channels on the Fios box, and volume on TV. It will not change channels on the TV. Remember to point the remote at the TV. It doesn't have to point at the Fios box. Also try removing the batteries from the remote for 5 minutes, then reprogram the remote.

0 Likes
EJV2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will try the battery recommendation.  Yes, I know it doesn't change the TV channels.  I was referring to the STB channels and the TV volume.  

0 Likes
Norboo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue.  I unplugged the HMDI to my AVR and plugged it directly to the TV and did an auto program,  it worked.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@EJV wrote:

I will try the battery recommendation.  Yes, I know it doesn't change the TV channels.  I was referring to the STB channels and the TV volume.  

This was posted as a possible solution:

Message 87 of 87
(19 Views)

I had the same issue.  I unplugged the HMDI to my AVR and plugged it directly to the TV and did an auto program,  it worked.  

0 Likes
GG20201
Enthusiast - Level 1

The process of swapping HDMI (disconnect from receiver) worked momentarily.  But the STB recognized the receiver moments later, even though it was never turned on, and triggered the auto remote programming.  At which point it reverted back to the FIOS remote will turn off/on LG TV but volume/mute through the Marantz receiver.   Like thre original poster, I di not want the FIOS remote to control the receiver, only my TV.  How do we setup the STB to ignore that there is a receiver in line?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GG2020 wrote:

The process of swapping HDMI (disconnect from receiver) worked momentarily.  But the STB recognized the receiver moments later, even though it was never turned on, and triggered the auto remote programming.  At which point it reverted back to the FIOS remote will turn off/on LG TV but volume/mute through the Marantz receiver.   Like thre original poster, I di not want the FIOS remote to control the receiver, only my TV.  How do we setup the STB to ignore that there is a receiver in line?

Have you tried turning off TV input control on the Fios box and CEC on the receiver? Then try re-programming the remote again, it should ignore the receiver.

GG20201
Enthusiast - Level 1

Clem53 - this is not a good suggestion because we (myself and several of the posters) afte using ARC / eARC.  When we want the receiver on, adjusting the volume with the remote should then adjust the receiver via ARC.  So CEC is required to ensure that can occur.  It is only when the receiver is off that the TV volume should adjust with the remote. 

In any case, I spoke with a fantastic tech agent at Verizon.  They opened a case with IT and i mentioned all those in this post having the same issue.   We followed the same steps and have had success (2 days running) without remote/STB reprogramming itself.

Remove receiver > STB to TV hdmi > reset remote using onscreen menu > MANUALLY setup remote to your TV model (not auto setup - they think using Auto might have been the issue).  Once remote programmed, reconnect receiver with cable (FIOS input) as standby passthrough.  Fios remote now controls TV volume when receiver off, and controls receiver volume (via TV-ARC) when it's on.