Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Fox News blacks out after 30 seconds
Pbj11

Fox News blacks out after 30 seconds. I can hear it but no video. Any one else have this issue?  Only this channel does it. If it doesn't get resolved I'll be cancelling cable.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fox News blacks out after 30 seconds
clem21
Super User
Super User

@Pbj1 wrote:

Fox News blacks out after 30 seconds. I can hear it but no video. Any one else have this issue?  Only this channel does it. If it doesn't get resolved I'll be cancelling cable.

Sounds like a temporary transmission issue. You can look at: Main Menu > Settings > System Information and make sure both SNRs on that page say good for the channel you are tuned to. If they do it is definitely a transmission issue. If not it may be an issue with your VMS box.

View solution in original post

dexman
Super User
Super User

Channel 618, Fox News HD, is fine here in the Boston area. I have SD versions of HD channels blocked off so I can't see what 118 looks like.

clem21
Super User
Super User

@Pbj1 wrote:

Sounds like a temporary transmission issue. You can look at: Main Menu > Settings > System Information and make sure both SNRs on that page say good for the channel you are tuned to. If they do it is definitely a transmission issue. If not it may be an issue with your VMS box.