Fox Sports Houston / Astros games?
rangerfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Realizing that my username is kind of a misnomer, I have to ask anyway: Does Verizon carry Fox Sports Houston, or any feed other than the Dallas version of Fox Sports Southwest?

It's a common refrain, "but on DirecTV," I could watch both Rangers and Astros games since I'm in the local market for both.   Is this possible with FiOS TV, or do I need to go back to radio? 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Fox Sports Houston / Astros games?
Justin46
Legend

Depends on where you live I think. I live in the Metroplex and of course get FSN SW only, the FSN Houston channel is not on FiOS . The FiOS TV Guide never has any listings for the Astros, but I do occasionally find them being broadcast on FSN SW, in both SD and HD. The only way to know for sure that I know of is to visit the channel itself when you know the Astros have a game scheduled and see. Kinda stupid but at least some Astros games definitely are on FSN SW, of course a Rangers game will be shown rather than an Astros game if they are playing at the same time.

The Guide data is provided to us by FYI Television of Grand Prairie, TX, it is seemingly more wrong than right. I sure wish Verizon would use another Guide data provider. 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
cws1970
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was anyone ever able to find out if FS Houston is available in the DFW area on Fios as with DirecTV.  It's the main reason (actually the only reason) I have not switched to Fios as of yet.  The online channel list for my Denton zip code is telling me no, but I still hope....

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

As far as I know, nobody has been looking to see if FSN Houston is on FiOS here in the Metroplex. The only FSN on FiOS here today is SW, and I would imagine that will continue, but of course Verizon could decide to change that at any time. But for now, definitely no.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
rangerfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

A full-time FSN Houston likely will not be available on FiOS TV unless/until Verizon gets a greater foothold in the Houston market.  What we are looking for--and may very well get--is Fox Sports Southwest Plus.  This is a two-channel solution, akin to what DirecTV, DISH Network and a few cable companies have, that puts the primary Fox Sports Southwest feed on the main channel (76/576) and "overflow" games on a secondary channel.  I believe Verizon does this in other markets, or at least carries two regional sports networks on 76/576 and 77/577 where there are two "big" networks.  Supposedly FSN is making a push to get all of the companies that carry the "main" channel to also carry the overflow-Plus channel.

0 Likes