G1100 with google wifi
Capamerica

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me. I have verizon fios 1g speed with a g1100 verizon router. I recently connected the google wifi with one being the actual router and 3 others being access points. I have 7 stb all coax over a big house.  The problem is parts of my house dont get the 2 and 5 broadcast signal from the g1100 . The google broadcast is great throughout the house. But when you login to the goggle wifi using the verion fios app it wont let you see the dvr recordings because it doesnt recognize your logged into verizon home network. This is also important for when your away from home because if you never log into the home network with that particular device i.e. phone tablet etc, you can't watch your dvr and your Limited as to what you can watch in general.   Does anyone have a solution here. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: G1100 with google wifi
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Capamerica wrote:

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me. I have verizon fios 1g speed with a g1100 verizon router. I recently connected the google wifi with one being the actual router and 3 others being access points. I have 7 stb all coax over a big house.  The problem is parts of my house dont get the 2 and 5 broadcast signal from the g1100 . The google broadcast is great throughout the house. But when you login to the goggle wifi using the verion fios app it wont let you see the dvr recordings because it doesnt recognize your logged into verizon home network. This is also important for when your away from home because if you never log into the home network with that particular device i.e. phone tablet etc, you can't watch your dvr and your Limited as to what you can watch in general.   Does anyone have a solution here. Thanks

If you have different SSIDs for your 1100 and the Google devices, just log in the devices you want to use with the app once on the 1100 SSID, register the device in the app, then you should be good anywhere in the house on any network you want to use. That is the way the app is setup, I don't know of a way around it.

0 Likes
Capamerica

Thank you but the problem is I share the house with my cousin and his kids. That side of the house is private and they cant get the Verizon ssid there. I thought there was a way to put the Verizon g1100 in the subnet of the google wife so when your logged into it it looks like your on the fios network.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Capamerica wrote:

Thank you but the problem is I share the house with my cousin and his kids. That side of the house is private and they cant get the Verizon ssid there. I thought there was a way to put the Verizon g1100 in the subnet of the google wife so when your logged into it it looks like your on the fios network.

There is, but I'm not the networking genius here, sorry. I found a link that might give you some insight.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Using-a-combination-of-my-own-netgear-nighthawk-router-M...

0 Likes