G3100 router can’t connect to wireless STB
Charlie627

Hi I just installed my new G3100 router . I am unable to connect my only Wireless mini STB. All coax boxes work no issue . I did the reboots, I move the box to coax and it works fine  call tech support they could not figure out why so they are sending a tech tomorrow but  this is really strange . Has to be some kind of setting or something.  My WiFi for other devices like a Laptop , iPhone all work great with the wifi . Anyone have any ideas ? . 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 router can’t connect to wireless STB
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Charlie627 wrote:

Hi I just installed my new G3100 router . I am unable to connect my only Wireless mini STB. All coax boxes work no issue . I did the reboots, I move the box to coax and it works fine  call tech support they could not figure out why so they are sending a tech tomorrow but  this is really strange . Has to be some kind of setting or something.  My WiFi for other devices like a Laptop , iPhone all work great with the wifi . Anyone have any ideas ? . 

Not sure exactly what your issue is, but the Mini connects wireless to the router on a hidden 5Ghz network the router creates. The minis have been known to have issues connecting via WiFi, but I'm not sure if you have the same issues. Also look here to see if the mini shows up as being connected on the network:

Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Connected Device Status. If you see the mini scroll to highlight it and press OK on the remote. That will get you a diagnostic menu that might be able to correct the problem. Also check here and make sure the connection is OK: Main Menu > Settings > System > FiOS TV One Mini Settings>View Connections. Also for the mini to connect wirelessly it can not have a coax cable connected to it. Unhook any other cables, unplug power for the mini, wait 3 minutes, plug the mini back in. It should self connect via WiFi now.

View solution in original post

Re: G3100 router can’t connect to wireless STB
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Charlie627 wrote:

Not sure exactly what your issue is, but the Mini connects wireless to the router on a hidden 5Ghz network the router creates. The minis have been known to have issues connecting via WiFi, but I'm not sure if you have the same issues. Also look here to see if the mini shows up as being connected on the network:

Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Connected Device Status. If you see the mini scroll to highlight it and press OK on the remote. That will get you a diagnostic menu that might be able to correct the problem. Also check here and make sure the connection is OK: Main Menu > Settings > System > FiOS TV One Mini Settings>View Connections. Also for the mini to connect wirelessly it can not have a coax cable connected to it. Unhook any other cables, unplug power for the mini, wait 3 minutes, plug the mini back in. It should self connect via WiFi now.