GREAT SCOTT! VERIZON!
CRivera323

I am a customer who has been enjoying the quality of product that Verizon Fios has provided. However I find myself a bit heart broken and even my faith in Verizon utterly shattered. I live in an apartment complex that is very Verizon Fios friendly (they promote it here) and my living room has 2 COAXIAL outlets.WHY on God's green Earth will it cost $90+ for a 30min visit from a tech to figure out why my 2nd coaxial outlet is not getting signal!? You meen to tell me that I have to pay nearly $100 each time I want to relocate my TV IN MY OWN APARTMENT!? This is absurd and highly disappointing. On top of that, let's hope that the 30min service doesn't take longer becasue it's another $46 per min after 30 mins!! Who's to say that the tech doesn't "milk" that for all that it's worth.....You know what, I'll see if I can get this comms closet unlocked and I'll switch the cables myself because that's money I did not EXPECT to have to spend just because I wanted my TV on the other side of my Living Room. I may or may not cancel if I can't get this resolved and just stick with the Internet. Way to go Verizon, I left the tyranny of COMCAST to your embracing arms only to feel a knife piercing my back as my guard was let down. 

0 Likes
Re: GREAT SCOTT! VERIZON!
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

While I appreciate your frustraton, you cannot expect a for profit company to trouble shoot your internal wiring for free.  Perhaps you could have negotiated that during your initial install when the installer was there.  If you rent, perhaps your landlord can repair the other coaxial outlet?  There's probably a panel somewhere that just needs to be connected with a jumper to the other outlet.  Did you open the dead outlet to see if it is connected in the back?  If all else fails, there's no reason you can't hire your own IT guy to come over and fix the outlet but I doubt you'll find anyone to come over for less than $100.  Then there's always the option to buy an extension cable and tuck it under the edge of your carpet to the other side of the room.  🙂

Good luck.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no requirement that you use Verizon for troubleshooting your coax.

And you can add/move/delete outlets without them as well.

I am not sure how their service works in an apartment building, so any requirements that are levied are from that aspect (ie if there is a single comms closet, etc).

0 Likes
CRivera323

I am an IT technician by profession, this does not mean that I am authorized to access my apartments Comm Closet to poke around in. Fortunately, I was able to have the maintenance manager open the door so that I could at the very least troubleshoot my own problem by simply tracing cables. The Verizon Fios ONT is located inside my apartment in the second bedroom closet where the "Wiring Closet" is. Two coaxial cables seem to be the only ones connected while the other two are hanging with no ends. This may be why only one wall that is shared by two outlets (one outlet living room the other my bedroom) have signal while the opposite side of my apartment has a wall with two coax (spare bedroom, 2nd outlet of living room) outlets that seem to have been cut or never crimped before...of course I can only imagine an abundance of scenarios as to how this came to be...., (had I not moved my TV, would this have ever been discovered?), I digress. Currently still investigating and finding an alternate cost efficient solution. Seriously, for $100+ I might as well add another box or DVR.

0 Likes
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

Good luck!

0 Likes