GREEK PROGRAMMING
dngstyle
Enthusiast - Level 2

When i switched to FIOS about a year ago they told me that they would be aquiring the greek programming by March of 2009. Well guess what .. still no greek programming. I just cant understand why FIOS is taking so long when I have actually called the company (Globestar) in New Jersey who streams the greek programming to TV Service Providers like (Dishnet, Timewarner and Direct TV) and said that they are ready to start streaming and that Verizon just has to approve it.

Well Verizon would you guys just approve it already.. I mean you guys just have like every other possible international channel available. FYI.. I made about 32 families switch from Direct TV to FIOS because I told them about the greek programming. I know its not my fault but im sure you can understand that i am feeling bad about this whole thing.

0 Likes
Re: GREEK PROGRAMMING
greinstein
Enthusiast - Level 3

But I watch Greek every Monday on channel 699
@dngstyle wrote:

When i switched to FIOS about a year ago they told me that they would be aquiring the greek programming by March of 2009. Well guess what .. still no greek programming. I just cant understand why FIOS is taking so long when I have actually called the company (Globestar) in New Jersey who streams the greek programming to TV Service Providers like (Dishnet, Timewarner and Direct TV) and said that they are ready to start streaming and that Verizon just has to approve it.

Well Verizon would you guys just approve it already.. I mean you guys just have like every other possible international channel available. FYI.. I made about 32 families switch from Direct TV to FIOS because I told them about the greek programming. I know its not my fault but im sure you can understand that i am feeling bad about this whole thing.

0 Likes
mario44222

I agree with dngstyle. I had others switch under the impression Greek programming was already set, since its on DirectTV already. Verizon please add programming!

0 Likes
jsaklas

Verizon told me the same almost 6 months ago, and that was the primary reason I switched form COMCAST.  Please don't make me regret my switch, if you can carry Armenian and Cambodian, surely you can add Greek.

0 Likes
dngstyle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Fios needs to get this up and real soon or i am going back to TIME WARNER. Maybe you guys should spend a little more time getting the programming and less time on your commercials with the fat cable guy. That cable guy has the greek programming and you don't.

0 Likes
VZ_Erik
Enthusiast - Level 3
I think everyone here might find this VZ blog at least a bit informative, If you read the comments we are expecting to have at least one Greek channel by the end of the year, and any info about adding Greek channels will be updated in the blog 🙂 http://community.vzw.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/FiOS-TV-Speaks-Your-Language/ba-p/92748
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@VZ_Erik wrote:
I think everyone here might find this VZ blog at least a bit informative, If you read the comments we are expecting to have at least one Greek channel by the end of the year, and any info about adding Greek channels will be updated in the blog 🙂 http://community.vzw.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/FiOS-TV-Speaks-Your-Language/ba-p/92748

This blog seems not to be linked to the forums? VZW and requires a different login to comment.

0 Likes