Getting Antenna tv back on Fios Boston
riccib3

WBIN tv carried Antenna Tv, but now they are the Justice Network. I really want Antenna back. Who can I contact?

0 Likes
Re: Getting Antenna tv back on Fios Boston
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact wbin. Most probably they changed the channels they carry.

0 Likes
iscys2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!!  WBIN Classics channel 466 is listed in the guide, but I get an error message saying Unable to Tune to the Selected Channel.  It is not a reboot issue either. That happened a few weeks ago, so I was happy when Antenna TV started coming through on WBIN channel 6.  But now we get that Justice crap.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Again, Antenna was carried by your local station as a subchannel.  Until they change their mind, or some other local picks it up,  there is nothing Verizon can do.

0 Likes
drsm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just on the phone with them for over 30 minutes. No one seems to know what I am talking about. I get channel 506 but 466 will not tune in. It is like being in the twilight zone talking with them. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to article on Wikipedia, WBIN is affiliated with Justice Network.

And according to Antenna TV website, they have no affiliate in Boston Area.

So nothing Verizon can do about it.

Its possible that another station will pick it up as a sub channel.

0 Likes
Missing channels
short_joe

Since the debacle with Univision, we have not been able to tune to channel 466 (WBIN Classics). Every time we select this channel, we get a message saying "Unable to tune to the selected channel. Please try again"  And until rececently, we were able to get SOME of this content on channel 506 (WBIN). But all of a sudden without warning, or any notification, channel 506 has changed to "Crime Network" So now we are unable to get ANY of this content that we have enjoyed viewing for so long. Today, I actually tried to contact customer support to find out what is going on. But before you can even think about talking to a representative, you have to go throught their automated bull**bleep** which resets the cable box. As if I had not already done that on my own several times already. So, after finally getting throught all of the automated bull**bleep**, the machine finally decides to turn me over to an actual person (but they probably do not exist) The automated system says that because of unexpected volume, my wait time will be from 15 to 24 minutes. After 90 minutes on hold, I finally hung up. Figured I'd try to contact someone through the website online chat. So once again, for about the 5th time today, I have to go through all of the automated testing. Only to be told that chat is busy an no one is available to talk. Clearly, Verizon support is mythical. Thankfully, we have other cable providers here in town. I bet they are really quick to pick up the phone when I inquire about the great deals they will offer me to switch to them.

0 Likes
Re: Missing channels
short_joe

I find it most interesting that they can censor a post on these forums in minutes, but they leave you on hold for hours, and are completetly incapable of answering their own phones.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you see the previous post?

Nothing Verizon can do about channel content.

You need to complain to WBIN.

0 Likes
short_joe

I took your insightful advice, and contacted WBIN. However, their response is that it is up to Verizon to remove this from their guide.

0 Likes