Gotta pick it up against Comcast
Carswell1516
Enthusiast - Level 1

Comcast offers verbal command remote and NETFLEX (others as well) access.  Been w/Verizon over eight (8) years.  Terrific service and quality, but appear to be slipping in offering the newest technology and viewing options to customers.  Gotta pick up the tempo Verizon.  

0 Likes
Re: Gotta pick it up against Comcast
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe FiOS app supports voice. Never tried it myself.

Wonder how many people need their stb to handle Netflix as they probably have smart TV or other device to watch it.

And I wonder how  much more they charge for stbs that support these new features?

Look at all the people that don't want to pay more for quantum.

Verizon...we continue to fall behind cable TV services
Carswell1516
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since my orginal post in ‘16 concerned that Comcast offers verbal command remote and NETFLEX (others as well) access, Verizon added the NETFLEX widget and managed to update the on-demand menu.  The forum a plus, whereas the latter complicated viewing and selection.   We have both services, one here in PA, the other in DC (because Verizon isn’t offered).  It is an awful lot easier to view TV on Comcast vs. Verizon.  As for internet, it is a toss up at both locations, weather dependent.  We have been w/Verizon over (10) years and can cite customer service as the reason we remain.  Terrific service and overall quality, but our Verizon appears to be slipping in offering the newest technology and viewing options to customers.  Gotta pick up the tempo Verizon...please—and soon!

0 Likes