Great news: Change in non-DVR STB
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

Was it a dream?  I was watching a program  on my non-DVR STB (I have Multi-Room DVR) (IMG 1.9) while it was recording.  I stopped it and saw that there was an option to "stop recording."  I did that and - holding my breath - found that on the next menu I had the option to DELETE.  I selected that.   I just checked on the DVR to make sure that it really was deleted, and it was. It was not a dream.

I checked my messages, but the only one there is about the tennis channel.  Has anyone seen anything anywhere about this?  Is there some place where information/changes like this are announced? 

0 Likes
Re: Great news: Change in non-DVR STB
Hubrisnxs
Legend
The new menu guide adds that feature to the non dvrs 🙂 sounds like you got the upgrade
0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

I got the upgrade last week, but these two things are definitely new (to me, at least). I've been noticing minor changes almost daily.

A little while ago, I saw that on the DVR menu there's now an option under HISTORY called RECENT DELETES.  You can select a show and then get the option to RESTORE or DELETE.   I tried RESTORE, and the show moved back into my RECORDINGS list and I was able to play it.  I wonder what other changes have been made.

I've noticed that people have been asking for this feature and the one I wrote about above. 

Doesn't anyone agree that these welcome changes should be announced somewhere, such as in a message?  (Another change I've noticed is that new messages appear right on the screen without my having to remember to look to see if there are any messages on the menu.)

I'm not going to mark this as "solved" until someone tells me where I can find information about all this.   I'd love to see an up-to-date coherent guide to IMG 1.9 for us consumers.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

I had seen that.  It was written a year ago, and it was interesting, but I'm looking for a guide to the new features. 

I did took note of this promise:

"[Y]ou will now be able to...schedule recordings to a DVR from any of the connected non-DVR boxes." 

Perhaps the next time I look at my STB, that wish will have come true.

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

Answering myself: 

I was so excited about this new feature that I missed that I had typed, “I did took note of this promise.”  Sorry about that.

So the next time I looked at my STB, the wish had come true.  Not only can I now delete a recorded show I’m watching, but I can record a live show as I’m watching it, and even go to the guide and schedule a show to be recorded.  (So far) there’s no way to confirm on the STB that this has worked, as the symbol for scheduled recording doesn’t appear on the guide and the scheduled recordings menu isn’t on the STB.  But still – We’re getting closer and closer to really having a multi-room DVR.

My next wish is for world peace.  Are you listening, Verizon?

I was looking around and went to MENU>CUSTOMER SUPPORT>NEW, where I saw a red sticker saying “New.”  I selected it, which launched “v1.2” (which, when I exited, was identified as a widget).  Then 12 items appeared.  The last one was “Record from your STB.” 

So it seems that to find out how everything works, I have to read everything on the forums; look at everything on the DVD, In-Home-Agent, and various parts of the Verizon website; read the little bit of printed material I received; watch commercials; read advertising mailers; talk to other people who have the same service;  go through every menu via the remote; communicate to Verizon by e-mail, live chat, and telephone; ask questions on the forums in various places; try every button on the remote while in every menu, viewing a recording, or viewing live; and also try every button on the remote to see what it does when you press it twice instead of once…Am I leaving anything out?  And this should probably be done daily, since it’s all constantly changing.

I hope that others agree with me that there’s a real need for one comprehensive guide to FiOS for the consumer.  I can see that it needs to be fluid and therefore cannot be a hard copy. 

A guide like this – and improved customer service – could go a long way towards making the FiOS experience amazing.

0 Likes
BillSM
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not going to mark this as "solved" until someone tells me where I can find information about all this.   I'd love to see an up-to-date coherent guide to IMG 1.9 for us consumers.

I'm not sure you'll find ALL the new fetures there but under Menu - What's New - there are a dozen items listed in separate boxes.

And, yes, the What's New choice is also marked "New." Smiley Happy

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks.  That "What's New" section is helpful, but I already had seen it. 

"I was looking around and went to MENU>CUSTOMER SUPPORT>NEW, where I saw a red sticker saying “New.”  I selected it, which launched “v1.2” (which, when I exited, was identified as a widget).  Then 12 items appeared.  The last one was 'Record from your STB.' "

But I'm still hoping that someday there will be one place where there will be a complete guide.

0 Likes