HBO GO online log-in not working
annaeg1

I have been trying to login to HBO GO online without success. Everytime I select Verizon FIOS as my provider and then enter my user ID and password, I get kicked back to the "SIGN IN" screen again. The username and password are corect because I was able to login to Verizon's site successfully, but of course you can't view the most recent HBO movies on the Verizon site so I'm out of luck there. Is there any fix to this?

0 Likes
Re: HBO GO online log-in not working
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've given this advise several times so I am copying one of my other posts.  Remember this is peer to peer support.

A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.

• You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
  • At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site.  It gets confused easily.
  • You must allow third party cookies
  • You must be running Flash, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.
  • You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser.  Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.

The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site.  Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized. 

0 Likes
haddockj

Go to tv.verizon.com/movies and choose any HBO episode and see if it works.  This will rule out HBO Go issues.  I added HBO to my plan but the tech folks were not ultimately able to resolve my login issues which are the same you are experiencing so I chose to cancel.  Good luck.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Going that route actually almost guarantees the failure I mentioned on first time USE of HBO  GO  while still logged on to Verizon.  You need to have the HBO GO signon  go through logon procedure (not already be logged in) in ordered for it to save the authorizations you need in order for HBO to allow you to continue.

0 Likes