HBO Go/Max Go - PLEASE Help
grimesh
I know this is a common topic here, but I still can't find a solution to this problem after reading everything on this forum. So I'd love to hear from a Verizon CS person about what exactly I need to do to make HBO Go/Max Go work. I've tired your Live Chat....waited 45 mins for someone and gave up. I called your "customer service"....three times....waited 45 mins on hold each time and gave up. I tweeted your Customer Service account...5 times...never received a response and gave up. So can someone explain why a service that I'm paying for doesn't work? I try to log into HBO Go/Max Go through both the websites and the apps and I always get the error saying that I'm not subscribed. I am. Instead of "please send us a direct message and we'll look into it," can you just give us a straight response on what it will take to make this service work? If I need to contact you can you please give me a number, or email address, or ANYTHING that someone will actually answer and respond to in a timely fashion?
0 Likes
Re: HBO Go/Max Go - PLEASE Help
Hubrisnxs
Legend

From my experience, the issue comes from the user id.  Most people that have this problem had a VZ username prior to setting up their FiOS TV service and they are trying to use that username, without having done the activation via the website with their order number.

So if that sounds like it might be you, then go to http://activate.verizon.net and use your order number and zip code to complete the activation, and then you should be able to use your FiOS TV Online services.

Please try it and report back if it's still giving you an issue.

0 Likes
Tong1

I have the same issue with access to HBO GO and was unable to resolve it after speaking to FIOS tech support and E-center twice each for 30 min. I used the same user ID as a closed old Verizon Fios account for internet only. I can access all my current account info except verizon email ( I was asked to log in again but the ID/pwd does not work) and HBO Go. They said perhaps the user ID is somehow linked to my old account but could not fix it.

I tried to activate the account with the order number and zip but could not complete the process - some programs cannot be downloaded. I beleive the Verizon technician already did the activation when he installed the service.

My guess is there is a system flaw that requires setting up a "my verizon" username for email, different from the general username foc account access. I cannot set it up because I cannot get into the verizon email portion of my account. Alternatively, they never worked out the software incompatibility with HBO Go.

I have been with Verizon for 5 years and have consitently had bad expereince with their website, systems and customer service. There are many strange problems that no one can explain, let alone fix, at Verizon, and they keep bouncing you between diffferent departments.  It's amazing how a big company like Verizon can survive with such horrible systems/service. I had no such problems with Dishnetwork (Including HBO GO) and am serioulsly considering switching back.

I'd love to find out the solution, but at this point I realized it has been a consistent problem for many users posted on this forum, but Verizon has yet to present a solution. I wrote an email to their CEO Ivan but found out he had left the company a few month ago. Let me know if anyone finds out email contact for the current CEO - he definitely needs to hear from angry customers how bad it is.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tong and grimesh

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Close1

can I have help too Elizabeth/moderator?

I really want to use it, and it is saying i have to order HBO when i have it and just want to use HBO GO.

0 Likes
mattym42089

I am having the same issue. I am subscribed to HBO but when I try to activate my HBO Go account it says I need to order it.

0 Likes
kerirreed

I'd like to be contacted too please.

I've been getting the run around from all Verizon CS and no one seems to have a resolution. I'd really like to have access to the services I pay for.

0 Likes
MsSherrieJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

This worked thank you so much. You were right, I formerly had a Verizon account and I had not yet activated my new Verizon fios account. HBO go now works on my computer and on my android smartphone.

MsSherrieJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

You most likely formerly had a verizon account in the past, and left and went to another company. Then switched back to verizon fios. If this is the case you need to activate your new verizon account because HBOgo and MAXgo is recognizing your old account. Register your new account here  http://activate.verizon.net   This worked for me, and i hope this works for everyone else.

curtis64

We are having the same problem.  Can't access HBO Go on my laptop or Kindle, but we can on our Roku. We only have Fios TV, we get internet through another provider.  I've spent hours on the phone and online with Verizon.  Worst customer service ever by the way. They all tell me the same: no Fios internet, no HBO Go.  Does this really make sense. I'm already paying for HBO therfore I have a subscription.  Somebody please help.  Verizon please get your act together.

0 Likes