HBO Go on my Samsung Smart TV
FMD2

Most of the time (not every time), I am asked to Activiate my Smart TV. I go to hbo.com/activate, follow the onstructions and enter the PIN.  Within seconds my TV displays an error message "Please note it is not possible to sign in at this time.  PLease try again later".  This happens all the time lately and it's been happening for weeks.   Any idea what the problem is here??  Extremely frustrating because I want to enjoy all the benefits of being a paid HBO subscriber!  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: HBO Go on my Samsung Smart TV
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you have other apps working on this TV?

Can you sign in to HBOGo on other devices (PC, smart phone, tablet)?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@FMD wrote:

Most of the time (not every time), I am asked to Activiate my Smart TV. I go to hbo.com/activate, follow the onstructions and enter the PIN.  Within seconds my TV displays an error message "Please note it is not possible to sign in at this time.  PLease try again later".  This happens all the time lately and it's been happening for weeks.   Any idea what the problem is here??  Extremely frustrating because I want to enjoy all the benefits of being a paid HBO subscriber!  Thanks.

There is something going on with you Smart TV if you are repeatedly prompted to register it,  I registered mine last November and I've never been prompted for a new activation. This sounds like a TV/networking issue to me.

0 Likes
FMD2

Yes other apps work, it's just HBO Go that doesn't work on this particular TV.  It works on my other TV

0 Likes
bailey543

I'm having the same issue, have you been able to resolve it?

0 Likes
FMD2

Yes.  If you update the software on the Samsung TV, it fixes the issue.  From the TV Menu, go to "Support" and follow then "Software Update".  It takes several minutes but then once your TV is up to date then the HBO Go issue is resolved.  Good luck!

0 Likes
BajaAlta
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please take a look at the HBO GO help center article titled "I am having issues with HBO GO on my Samsung TV. The message says "Please Note: It is not possible to sign in at this time. Please try again later.""

https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204872017

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes