HBO not working
Wbink1500
ordered HBO about a month ago. Works in LR and MBR but not spare bedroom. I don't get it. Called Verizon and they refreshed but still no HBO in spare bedroom. How can one box not work?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HBO not working
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also what type boxss.

Switching the boxes may show problems in your wiring.   If the boxes still doesn't work at the one location then suspect Wiring.   Some channels are at higher frequencies, that older wiring over longer runs doesnt support.

At one time they announced, but as far as I know didn't complete, that they were going to deliver some HBO channels as MPEG4 instead of MPEG2.  Older boxes such as 6xxx series do not support mpeg4.  If you had HBO they should have offered you a "free" upgrade to a newer box.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Try swapping the working box with the one that does not work to see if it is the box or the coax in that room.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also what type boxss.

Switching the boxes may show problems in your wiring.   If the boxes still doesn't work at the one location then suspect Wiring.   Some channels are at higher frequencies, that older wiring over longer runs doesnt support.

At one time they announced, but as far as I know didn't complete, that they were going to deliver some HBO channels as MPEG4 instead of MPEG2.  Older boxes such as 6xxx series do not support mpeg4.  If you had HBO they should have offered you a "free" upgrade to a newer box.

0 Likes