HD DVR Issues
ToddBlackford

I am having 2 problems with my hd dvr

1st problem is with a intermittent flicker on all channels and recordings with  hdmi and component connections

2nd problem is digitizing on on demand programming and movies stopping.

This problem seems to be on only on TV

0 Likes
Re: HD DVR Issues
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@ToddBlackford wrote:

I am having 2 problems with my hd dvr

1st problem is with a intermittent flicker on all channels and recordings with  hdmi and component connections

2nd problem is digitizing on on demand programming and movies stopping.

This problem seems to be on only on TV

1st problem might be a screen resolution problem,  you're tv might be having trouble doing the 1080i HD - so go into your menu and go down to settings, choose settings and then go down to video settings and then video format, and then choose 720. 

2nd problem - the on demand is unlike broadcast tv, it comes from the internet connection, so if it's digitizing then there are a limited amount of things you can do at the house before calling Verizon.  BTW IS that choppiness happening on ALL the tv's or just one?   

You'll want to start with a simple router reboot.  either unplug it, count to 20 and turn it back on OR there is an on/off switch in the back,  use that for 20 seconds down and then turn it back on.   wait for the internet light to go green and flicker

TEST IT

if that doesn't work you want to move to a factory reset on the router.  If you have any custom settings in the network you will probably want to back them up, or remember that you have to re-do the custom settings after factory resetting.  If you're using the router how it came out of the box, then don't worry about it.     just find the reset button in the back (red circle) press it and hold it in for a count of 20 before letting it go.  when you find that reset button you'll notice how small it is,  use a safety pin or paper clip or something small to push it in and hold it in. wait for the internet light to go green and flicker

TEST IT

If those two things don't work you can and should probably reseat the coax tv cable that plugs in the back of that router, trace it to your in home splitter, unplug and re-tighten the connection there, and also at the cable box.

Test it.  and if that doesn't fix it,  try a quick reboot of your cable box.   you can press menu -> help -> in home agent -> reboot STB.    you'll press yes or ok at the warning.  

if that doesn't seem to do much you may have to call VZ but tell them all the steps you did here, so they don't have you redo anything.  if you don't adjust that cable, VZ may talk to you and ask you to do it.  so do it in advance of calling them.

0 Likes
Re: HD DVR Issues
ToddBlackford

Thanks for the help I will it a try

0 Likes