HD STB resetting
dav412

My new HD STB keeps resetting on its own.  Suddenly will have snowy screen with message of "Weak or No Signal' then it resets.  Other times picute stops and audio continues, then resets.  When watching need to turn on STB box with remote.  Noticed when first received box in November but it's worse now.  Anyone else have similar problem?  How resolved, new HD STB or new cables?

0 Likes
Re: HD STB resetting
rramjet

I too have had trouble with my HD DVR box randomly resetting. About a year ago it was just happening occasionally. But now it seems to do it at least once a week and sometimes 2 or more times during the same program. After going through about an hour of tech support's troubleshooting to find out it didn't help, I received a new(?) box. The new box reset twice while trying to watch a VOD movie and again the next day while watching broadcast TV.

My conclusion is that it's not the STB nor the remote, since I've also tried different ones. I can't believe a cable issue would cause a complete reset so I'm putting that at the bottom of the list. My next possibilities would be the cable router and cable splitter.

There are also four regular STBs connected and none of them have ever experienced this problem.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: HD STB resetting
rramjet

I have come across a successful solution which I got from another thread. Replace the 6416 model with a 7216 or higher. I traded in my original HD DVR (6416) along with the replacement Verizon sent me (also a 6416) for the newer 7232 model (actually a 320 GB not 500). Everything is working great without a single reset issue during the 10 days I've had it. I went to a nearby service center to make the swap and the people there were very helpful and friendly and never once questioned my intentions.

Hope your outcome is just as successful.

0 Likes