HDCP Issue with CHS 335HDC
bdemick80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a CHS 335HDC box that I am attempting to use with an HDMI over Cat6 Extender from Atlona (AT-HD4-V110SR).  All I get is a blue screen on my TV, and the box works fine when connected directly to the TV.  All of my other HDCP compliant devices work fine with the extender (PS3, Xbox360, DVD player) but it appears that the HDCP implementation on the FiOS box is different than others, and I can not get it to work at all with this equipment.  This is standard commercial HDMI extension equipment.  It is absolutely ridiculous that a cable box would be incompatible.

Are there other cable boxes that would work?  Is there a firmware update for the CHS 335HDC that would fix this HDCP implementation?  If this isn't the case, I will most likely need to use a much more expensive solution like an HDSync device, or cancel my whole-home DVR service and just use something like Tivo.

0 Likes
Re: HDCP Issue with CHS 335HDC
jthetzel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Additionally, the Cisco CHS 335HDC set top box does not work with the Cable Matters Extra Long Range Extender nor with the Accell E090C-003B UltraCat. Both output a blue screen, indicating problems with the HDCP. The Cable Matters model claims to "support HDCP", while the Accell model claims to be "Fully HDCP Compliant-Compatible with All HDMI Devices." These extenders work with all other devices I have tested, except for the Cisco 335HDC. It is unclear if the fault lies with the Extenders or with Verizon.

Interestingly, both the Cable Matters and Accell models work fine when a Yamaha RX-V671 receiver is placed between the Cisco set top box and the extender receiver.

0 Likes
Re: HDCP Issue with CHS 335HDC
jthetzel
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: Placing a Sewell 2 Port 1x2 Powered Hdmi Splitter V 1.3b (currently $25 on Amazon) between the Cisco set top box and the extender (either the Cable Matters or the Accell model) solves the problem. I can now successfully extend the Cisco set top box's single approximately 100 feet over category 6a cable.